XXVIII: The Five

Briana rolled over in bed to put her arm around Klaus, but frowned when her arm hit the softness of the mattress. The werewolf groaned as she opened her eyes. She sat up slowly looking around the room for any trace of the hybrid but as she thought, he was nowhere to be found. 

She stretched as she found her way to her feet and made her way downstairs. 

"Nik?" She called out with no response from the hybrid. She peered into each room when she eventually saw a scene she would have never expected. 

She let out an annoyed sigh as she crossed her arms over her chest in the doorway, "Oh good... another hostage." 

"Good morning sweetheart. Did you sleep alright?" Klaus asked as if everything was perfectly normal and there wasn't a man chained to a board in their living room. 

The hybrid made his way over the werewolf greeting her with a kiss on the cheek. She furrowed her brow still sleepily and barely processing what was happening. 

"Yeah fine I guess.." She spoke still confused, "What's going on?" She questioned. 

"Ah well it looks like Stefan here was about to steal our hunter." Klaus spoke rhetorically as Briana placed a hand out, trying to gather her thoughts. 

"Well considering I had no idea we had obtained a hunter, I can't say I would be devastated to see him leave." Briana quipped, slightly irritated that Klaus won't tell her anything about the hunter or the five. 

"Yeah well I was going to take him, but I figured Klaus went through such trouble to truss him up in this red room of pain." Stefan smirked sarcastically towards the hybrid. 

"It's from the inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch." Klaus smiled proudly as he admired his work. 

Briana tilted her head getting a better look at the hunter before letting out a small gasp, "Are those the shackles from our room?" 

Briana hid her laugh as she watched both men's expression twist. Klaus' cheeks turning red from embarrassment as Stefan looked disgusted. 

"Kidding." She smiled at Stefan who let out a sigh, "Kind of.." She spoke truthfully and winked at Klaus. 

Stefan cleared his throat trying to ignore the thick sexual tension building between the hybrid and the werewolf, "What'd you get out of him?" He asked trying to get the conversation back on track. 

"Not enough. He's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over." Klaus explained, "What brings you snooping?" 

"Well.. I can't say it in front of him..." Stefan looked towards the hunter with a fake grin, "As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." 

"You're full of mysteries aren't you?" Klaus taunted Connor. 

"I told you I don't know anything." Connor said with sincerity in his voice. 

Klaus scoffed, "Well thankfully, I know plenty." 

Briana rolled her eyes, "Well are you going to share with the rest of the group or are we supposed to guess?" She spoke sarcastically. 

Klaus smiled at her knowing she was irritated with him and the fact that he was keeping information from her. 

"Isn't she stunning when she's annoyed with me?" Klaus said to Stefan as Briana shook her head, whatever attempt of flattery he was trying wasn't going to work.

"So.. shall we?" Klaus motioned towards the other room with his hand as Stefan and Briana walked that way. 

Klaus closed the door behind them so the hunter wouldn't be able to hear. Briana leaned up against the couch, her arms still crossed over her body,