III: The Last Day

Briana walked into the Salvatore House the next morning after hearing about Elena's alliance with Elijah, "Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan asked as Briana entered the room. 

"Oh good I see I'm just in time." She said walking over to the couch near the fireplace. 

"You must be Elijah. The not so dead corpse from the basement." Briana pointed out as she stood beside Damon. Elijah looked Briana up and down before giving her a slight smile. 

"Yeah yeah Elijah, Briana. Briana, Elijah." Damon intervened. Briana rolled her eyes. 

"As I was saying, Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting but if he breaks it.. he'll be a true hybrid." Elijah spoke calmly. Briana tried to hide the fear in her eyes. 

"Remind me again, why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon said looking at the doppelgänger. 

"No Damon." Elena and Briana both started. "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena finished. 

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon said with no hesitation.

 Briana rolled her eyes, "It's not an option dumb ass." 

"Alright." Stefan said stepping between his brother and Briana. "How do we break this curse?" He looked towards Elijah. 

"Well the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients you already know. The moonstone. A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell bound within the stone. Then Klaus being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explained. 

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena inquired. 

"Then, Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger until the point of your death." Elijah stated. Everyone in the room stiffened. 

As Elena released her shoulders, "that's where you come in." She directed towards Elijah. He reached for a box and opened it to reveal a stone like bottle. 

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It has properties of resurrection." He said holding the bottle. 

"So.. I'll be dead?" Elena said. Her voice coated with fear 

"And then you won't." Elijah reassured her. 

"Thats your plan? Some magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon said. Briana stepped forward. 

"For once I actually agree with Damon. How do we even know this elixir thing will work?" She sighed crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Brown eyes here brings up a good point." Damon said pointing towards Briana which earned him an eyeroll from the brunette, "What if it doesn't work?" He asked

"Then I guess I'll be dead." Elena said nonchalantly. Briana and Damon looked between one another before turning their attention to Stefan who was speechless. Damon stared at Elena before admitting defeat and walking out of the room. Briana sighed following after him, "I'll handle him."

She walked onto the porch to see Damon staring into the yard sipping on a glass of bourbon. 

"Breakfast of champions I see, I'll take some of that."

She walked up and grabbed the glass out of his hard as he was about to take a sip and brought it to her lips. 

"I'm surrounded by idiots. I need all the help I can get." He said not moving his eyes from the lawn as she stood by his side.