XXIII: Do Not Go Gentle

The sound of someone repeatedly knocking on the Forbes front door shocked Briana awake the next morning. She groaned as she looked at the clock seeing it was only half past 7. 

She rose her feet, very disorientated as she was jolted awake. The knocks didn't stop. 

"Okay I'm coming you can take a breath." Briana called out in irritation as she swung the door open to reveal Rebekah. 

"Bex what the hell are you doing here at this hour?" Briana questioned the blonde as she yawned. 

"I need you to come to the decade dance tonight." Rebekah begged

Briana looked at the girl confused as she wiped the sleep out of her eyes letting out a small yawn, "You needed to tell me that at 7:30 in the morning?" Briana questioned, Rebekah should know how much Briana values her sleep. 

"Briana please! You're my best friend in this town and I worked really hard on this, I want you to be there." The blonde begged standing outside the door threshold as she hadn't been invited in. 

Briana let out a groan, "Okay fine, Yes, Sure I will come okay. Can I go back to bed now?" She rambled, wishing she was still in her bed. 

"Thank you. See you tonight." The blonde smiled as she walked off the porch. 

Briana closed the door and leaned her back up against it, still yawning. 

"Did I just agree to go to another high school dance?" She muttered to herself as she groaned and through her head back to lean against the door.

When are people going to learn not to ask her any favors until at least noon.

----------------

Klaus stood at his easel early the next morning furiously painting with dark shades. Truth be told, he didn't sleep. He'd been perched here, dealing with he aftermath of his fight with Briana the only way he knew how. With his art. 

Ester, who had jumped into Rebekah's body unbeknownst to anyone except Alaric, casually walked in the room, faux white oak stake in hand. 

"What took you so long?" Klaus questioned, his eyes fixated on the stroke of black pant. 

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily, I can be quite convincing." She spoke in her best Rebekah impersonation. 

"Do you want to do the honors or shall I?" She questioned, extending the stake. 

Klaus flashed a devilish grin before snatching it and tossing it into the lit fireplace beside him. 

He immediately turned back to his art, "Pack your bags. We're leaving." He demanded as he added another stroke. 

'Rebekah' stood frozen in her spot, "Today?" she questioned with worry in her voice. 

"Why not? After last night there is officially nothing keeping me here.." Klaus stated, a tinge of heart break present in his voice as he remembered his exchange with Briana, ".. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset." 

"But tonight's the decade dance." Rebekah begged. 

"So?" Klaus asked unamused. 

"So I'm head of the committee we have to go." She pleaded

Klaus turned around forcefully, in no mood for his sister's persuasion, "I'm not going to any dance." 

"What if I told you Briana was going to be there?" Rebekah spoke using his love for the brunette girl as a means for persuasion.