chapter 3

Ezekiel

The minute the bell rings for us to go home I walk as fast as I can to go to the Luther's, the last thing I want is for Alexandria and her friends to laugh at me for not being able to do my job .

As soon as I reach  I look for my mother to ask her to teach me how to use these appliances or whatever type of tea they drink . I obviously know all these because I overheard Alexandria talking to her friend group earlier during break , and I was determined to disappoint them.

" Mom hey " I say and I know I look like I was running a marathon but I don't care

"Ezekiel, son why are you running so fast it's dangerous you know" my mother says as she cleans the kitchen counter.

"Mom, I need your help on what kind of tea Alexandria and her friends drink."

"Oh son you so cute right now" my mom giggles as she pats on my cheeks

"Mom stop it I really need this and don't do that when there's people around" I say looking from side to side

"Ok ok , well for your own information they drink Earl Grey tea."

"What ..that tea is disgusting " I whisper

"Hey don't say that now what would you know about such an expensive tea mmh , have you had it somewhere ?"

"No mom , I haven't" I lie , I remember tasting it from my English teacher Mrs Harris when I was helping her arrange papers for her other classes.

"Ok son , now go prepare for the tea party they usually arrive at 16:00 and now it's 15:01 hurry up"

"Ok mom bye , and thank you I love you"I say and as I was about to leave my mom stops me

"Wait"
My mom walks towards me and she gets on her tippy toes to kiss my cheeks

"Mom I told you not to..."

"Ok go now bye love you" my mother says as she gets back to her work

...

I go to garden to see that there are workers already preparing for the tea party .

" Uhmm hey sir,are you guys in charge of the tea party? " I ask suddenly feeling curious of what's going on

"No dear we are only in charge of the preparations , you're the one that's in charge of making the tea and attending to miss Alexandria's needs."

She does not like being called that

I think to myself... What stop it you Dumbo why are even thinking about her . Come on get to work now

"Ok so... " I turn up to look at the man but he's gone . "Mmh weird " I mumble to myself

...
30 minutes later

After I see that everything is ready with the preparations I go to my room to change to my casual clothes.

I get to my room and as I  change , I suddenly think about those light brown eyes with that thick dark hair and those perfectly full lips of hers that body of a... Ok stop Ezekiel you're moving too far

I take a deep breath and look at the time to see that it's 15: 48 . Ok i need to go check on my cookies.

I reach the kitchen and check the cookies I made with the earl grey tea and the muffins and macaroons my mom secretly made when I was at school . Ok maybe this won't be that bad.

(A sneak peak of The tea party in the garden )