chapter 37

Ezekiel

I walk down the school hallway with Dina and we're talking about today's revision notes.

"I think we should start later , let's go eat first . Let's go to Sarah's." Dina suggests and I nod . We always go to Sarah's to eat because her food is cheap but nice and very delicious.

As we're walking out I hear someone call my name and we stop . I turn to see Lana walking towards us and I want to walk away but I don't want to be a coward. So I wait for her to reach us.

"Well , thanks for waiting. I wanted to talk to you. And I hope you know the last thing you can do is refuse." She says and I look at Dina who is obviously pissed . She looks at me probably waiting for me to refuse , but I silently tell her I'm sorry and she rolls her eyes before leaving.

"Lead the way."

She walks out of the school and leads me to her car.

"Why are you taking me to your car?" I ask slowly.

"Please , get over yourself. It's just a private place that's all ."

"That was not what I was thinking about when I asked you ." I say and she turns to look at me with a death stare and I look around for nothing, I don't want to look at her.

She unlocks her car and I look around again before I get in. I just sit there and expect her to talk , but she starts the car instead and I start to get really confused and I panic a little.

"Uhm , excuse me but where are you taking me?"

"Don't worry , I just need to go to a place where no one can disturb us ."

I sigh and I look forward and I lie down on the seat waiting for the worst.

...

After what seems like an eternity we finally reach her 'private' place. I look around and there seems to be know one around. It looks like a highway, but at the same time it's not. Lana gets out and I go out also.

"Can we talk now , I have a lot to do."

"I don't have anything to say , we can go back if you want."

"Are you kidding? You've brought me this far and now you're telling me that you have nothing to say . Look if it's about Alexandria I know ,so you can tell me anything you want . Because I don't want to be a part of whatever game you're playing."

"I'm not playing anything I just..."

Before she could finish talking her phone rings and looks at me before she picks up .

"Hi mom." She moves away a little and her face changes a little, she looks different from how she was a few seconds ago.

"No mamá, estoy ocupado ahora mismo, (no mom, I'm busy right now)."

She looks at me while listening to her mom and she smiles, wow this is the first time I've seen her smile for real and not faking it.

"Mamá, vamos, no estoy tan ocupada, solo estoy tomando aire fresco, eso es todo".

She looks at me again and I quickly look away not wanting her to think I'm listening even though I am.

"Sí mamá, estoy con alguien pero no vamos a hacer nada de eso." (Yes mom, I'm with someone but we're not doing anything like that)

I quickly look at her with a surprised look , what on earth is her mother saying but why is she smiling like that , no no no Ezekiel don't go there.

"Ok bye ,Voy a estar allí ...Yo también te amo" (I'll be there , I love you too)