chapter 46

Ezekiel

I don't even have time to say anything before I feel a hot slap in my cheek. I look down as another cheek also gets a taste.

"Loretta, come down."

"COME DOWN . YOU WANT ME TO COME DOWN , HE COULD'VE ALSO CAME DOWN BUT HE DIDN'T THIS BASTARD."

"Mom, i-"

"SHUT UP. APOLO, IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED WHEN YOU SAID HE'S HAVING FUN . HUH."

"No Loretta, I thought I warned him about using -"

"Oh, SO YOU KNEW?"

We all stay quite , wow , I've never seen my mom so furious before and I definitely know that my dad is also in trouble.

"Loretta come on , let's talk to him like civilised people."

"As if he's civilised -"

"Come on now, stop it ."

My dad looks at me and I look down with embarrassment I can't even look at them right now.

"Son..." I look up at dad and mom who's calmed down now .

They come to sit next to me .

"Look Eze baby, I'm sorry I reacted that way , but I'm not going to apologize for the slaps , you deserve them."

"I know." I say and we all laugh.

"Well, I don't really know what to say. Mr Luther just spoke to us and told us about your plans. And I'm just going to hope everything goes according to plan. "

"Yeah, I'm also going to complete my year so I can continue to study wherever we're going. I want to be able to take care of them with a stable income. So I want to continue school once we leave."

"Wow, Alexandria huh, I'm not surprised but what about Zara?"

"Uh she's non existent to me . " I say and my mom gives me a curious look.

"I hope you have a happy life with her , I know she makes you happy from the way you talk about your future." My mom hugs me and leaves because she had something to discuss with Mr Luther.

"Wow , I thought I said I don't want any goo goo gaa gaa 's . But you didn't listen."

I chuckle and my dad laughs .

"Me and your mom are moving back to Spain at the end of the year. Even Carla and Ezra ate going to come with us."

"Wow , so people are reuniting now."

"Yeah . Uh son don't mind me asking but do you think Alexandria is going to be a good mother?"

"Dad, how can you ask me that. "

He shrugs."well , I'm just asking."

"Yeah , she's looking forward to having this baby and I'm sure she can't even wait for labour day. "

"Ok son , I've got to go . As long as we talked , bye I love you."

"I love you too dad."

....

Three weeks later

Alexandria

Bari, Bari Italy.

That's where my dad picked for us and I'm really greatful because it's a very cheap but beautiful city to start a family. I haven't gone to see a doctor yet because I feel that I should start everything in Bari , my child's first ultrasound to be there , our first doctor's appointment, our first everything.

"Alexandria you've been staring at your bump for a while now and we have to pack?"

I smile as I look at my bump , it's very surprising that I've started to show a little , but I'm happy about it.

"So what if it's a girl , what're we going to name her?" Ezekiel asks while I go back to helping him pack .

"Well I was thinking that anything from your side , you know . Something Spanish. Even if it's a boy I would like him to also have a Spanish name."

"Ok , but why?"

"Because , we'll be staying in Italy . Just imagine there is someone called Chris, EW?"

"I've realised that you hate Chris , even his name . What if our daughter falls in love with a Chris?"

"We'll just tell him to change his name?"

We laugh and he leans in to kiss me , I really can't wait to start our new life , together. With no Zara, I'm happy that she was send to a mental asylum. After her parents tested her at a hospital...or at least that's what I heard.

I hear a knock and I turn to see our parents standing there just smiling at us.

"Are you guys ready?"

"Yeah dad." I hug my dad and thank him for the eleventh time.

"Thank you guys for being there for me and Ezekiel, for looking out for us , raising us . The four of you are great parents and I hope I would be like that in about 8 months." I say and they laugh .

We take for a while and they give us baby gifts. We've decided to let them be in our baby's life , but not that much . I know they all need to hold her/him giving it the warmth it needs . This baby is going to be loved , and these gifts prove that .

We exchange our goodbyes and soon we're on the plane .

I remember the girl I was before I met Ezekiel , rude , shaming people and being disgusted by people like the father of my kids, how funny life is . I send letters to Zara apologising, and I hope forgives me one day . She was a really great friend and I know I fucked up . But I must thank her for making me know think man sitting next to me , in a way she was the one that introduced us to each other , because I never cared about Ezekiel until I knew about him and Zara, that's when I started to realise my feelings for him were more that annoyance.

It's been a great journey knowing that people from outside my past world of richness, and wealth can be richer and wealthier without the money , job or cars. All because of the kindness and love they have , it's all greater than the millions in our accounts and I'm happy I'm going to start a new life with love , kindness and decency.

Other than that , it was great experiencing love between the rich and the poor.

In the end realising that they're actually richer than us, in many ways.

..............................LOVE ............................