chapter 12

Alexandria

I just look at my reflection on the mirror as Ezekiel and I just sit on my study table silently.

It's been five days since the incident in Ezekiel's room and I asked him for a few days off after that day and he agreed, but now my free days are over , so we just sit there in silence.

"Did you talk to Zara, you know after ..." Ezekiel breaks the silence which I'm happy for .

I look at him half-smiling . "Yeah I did , after school on Monday at the soccer field."

I look back in the mirror as I recall what happened at the soccer field.

...

"Zara , wait " I said to Zara as I go after her at the soccer field.

"What do you want , Alexandria." She didn't even call me Al , like she always does.

"I want to talk to you , no actually I need to talk to you." I look at her with desperate eyes , which I am.

"Speak then I have somewhere to be ." She says with an attitude , but I try to ignore it.

I take a deep breath for the things I'm about to say because I never really told her before.

"Zara , I'm sorry ok. I don't know what I did wrong but I'm sorry, I know I never said this to you and I'm not saying it now to keep our friendship, but I really love you Zara and I don't know what went wrong with me or us for the past month, but I really don't want to lose you , I mean we've been friends since high school and we've reached here , this school together through every hardship we were there for each other , and I'm not just going to throw all that just because of a boy you've only for like two minutes. And again I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong and I wanna fix it."

I sigh as I look at her reaction but she just laughs as she looks at me .

"You really think I'm a fool , don't you?" I look at her suprised, seriously where's my best friend.

"Zara..." I say but she cuts me off .

"No , you've said enough, now it's my turn . So you really don't see what you did wrong huh? You say want me to tell you , but I know that once I tell you there's no going back, to our old friendship." She says with a look of disgust and anger , wow whatever I did really hurt her .

"I don't understand, what you're talking about." I ask because I'm very confused at this point.

"What else could it be other than you eye fucking my boyfriend everytime you see him. You're supposed to be my best friend." She says looking a little teary.

"Zara , what the fuck are you talking about, I mean if you're talking about the other day in his room the..."

"No , I'm not talking about that day . Please don't make a fool of yourself by denying Alexandria. I see the looks you give Ezekiel, the same looks I used to look at him with , the feeling of wanting to touch him , hug him and kiss him , and might I add looking at his lips 24/7 like the way you do , so please don't try to deny it because I've been there."

I feel like the earth could swallow me right now . "Zara..."I say as I feel the tears in my eyes threaten to come out.

"Come on deny it , try to deny it ." Zara says and I just look at her as she starts laughing with tears coming out .

"I told you there's no going back , now you have to live with the fact that you like a poor , slave boy because I know you've been trying to ignore this feeling you have towards him. So yeah maybe it's because of a boy Al." Zara says as she looks a little defeated.

"And the worst part is , you two stay under the same roof and ... I know I should trust him ,and I do but I don't trust you Al , because I know you're impulsive, like how you did with Chris and you don't even like him but you dated him because you wanted to feel how it feels to have sex with someone with the same status as you."

I just look at Zara and this time my tears come out and I want to say something but nothing is coming out .

"I also know you fantasise about him when you're doing it with Chris." Zara says with a smirk . Shit she has my journal .

"You bitch." Is all I can say at this point because I really need to sit somewhere before I faint.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone about your little crush on my fucking boyfriend. So , do you still want to fix this.?"

She scoffs and turns to leave the soccer field leaving me alone , and I feel eyes on me , but I decide to ignore them as I walk to my car.