chapter 41

Ezekiel

I enter my room and I immediately throw myself on my bed. Today I went to meet Zara's parents and it wasn't really that bad , but I didn't enjoy it too.

My door suddenly opens and I look up to see Alexandria standing there and looking at me. I quickly get up and look at the time, weird she's always busy during this time on Saturdays. She gets in and closes the door behind her .

"I'm not ready right now , but we can..."

"That's not what I'm here for."

I keep quite and I look down at my hands. Now there's just silence.

"You're not going to ask why I'm here ?"

I shake my head still looking down

She comes to stand in front of me and I look up at her. Wow , she looks... different. Like she's been crying, but she also looks sick.

"Are you at least going to guess?"

"Ok, well I'm figuring that since you're not here to do that, maybe you're here to stop what we're doing, because obviously you didn't come here to talk to me about me or you, I mean we never talk right?"

She chuckles before cupping my face with her slim hands.

She leans in to kiss me , but she stops and pull back .

"What's wrong.?"

She sighs and looks at me with weak eyes.

"I've just been feeling unwell for a few days and I feel disgusting, but I'm going to be ok."

"Any idea what is the problem?"

"No , I've just been..blank , I don't know how to explain it , but yeah."

"Well , let's lie down then ." I say patting the space on the bed next to me. She climbs on and we cuddle and I breathe in her scent, it's fascinating how she can still smell nice even on a sick day.

"You said we never talk?" She asks breaking the silence and I nod .

"Mmh."

"Well , what do you want to talk about.?"

"Well, maybe we can talk a-"

Alexandria quickly gets up and runs to the bathroom before I could finish. I look at her and I follow her in . She throws up in the toilet and I run to her and hold her hair back . She continues to vomit and I use the rubber band on my hand to tie her hair into a bun. I quickly run to fetch for a towel and I give it to her when she's done. She flushes the toilet and walks to the mirror. She looks at her reflection and sighs.

She washes her face and I throw the towel in the laundry basket and I give her a new towel. After she's done she turns to look at me with a small smile.

"Are you ok?" I ask her and she nods , but I give her a hug.

"Don't lie to me. How long have you been throwing up."

"I'm ok Ezekiel." She says and walks out of the bathroom and I follow her, and even though I'm still unsure I keep quite.

She lies down on my bed and she takes out her gum. She looks at me and I walk to climb on.