chapter 40

Alexandria

I look away from Chris who's been blabbering utter nonsense. He found out I am busy with 'someone' this week, I mean he's not wrong though. I mean Ezekiel and I have been wild . We literally do it everywhere , even at school. Yesterday we did it in the bathrooms , but mostly it's the janitor's closet or the lockers. Or maybe in my car , or... I can't remember some places but I know that I miss him now .

"Are you listening to me you whore.?" I snap out of my thoughts and look at Chris and just roll my eyes and shake my head .

"Are you fucking kidding me? Look , I think I you're forgetting what I can do to you and your family's little reputation, so please don't mess with me."

I sigh and look at Chris.

"No, I didn't. How could I if you remind me every fucking day. "

"I remind you to keep you in your place. If I ever find this guy Alex , I swear I'm going to kill him . No one fucks my girl and gets away with it. And I shouldn't even have to tell you to not do anything like this , you should know yourself what I can do to you and that Precious face of yours."

A message comes on the screen of Chris' phone and when he reads it a smile appears on his filthy face. He looks at me and becomes serious again.

"I have to go. I hope you don't forget my words." He says and he heads out of my room.

I quickly follow him and lock the door. I breathe in and I go to my bed to rest. Before I could close my eyes I hear a knock on my door . God , people just can't seem to let me live. I sigh and go to unlock the door and my mom is standing there with an unusual angry look. I step away and she gets in and I close the door .

"Mom , what're you doing here.?"

"Tell me exactly here Alexandria, why don't you ever listen?" My mom asks and I give her a questioning look because I don't know what she's talking about.

"Chris reported you to his parents . Apparently you have another guy pampering you behind Chris' back. Do you know how embarassing it was for me to just stand there while his parents were complaining and threatening to tell the press and reveal everything we've worked hard for. " My mom say and I lazily walk to lie on my bed.

"Alexandria you're turning 21 soon and you know what that means. You're going to be engaged, signing contracts and agreements. You'll practically belong to the Hyde's and there's nothing you can do about it but just sit down and agree to everything we decide for you. So whoever this guy is , it's ending now because this is our last chance , because Chris has been complaining about you for some time now."

"But I love him mom." I say and I feel like a ton of weight has been lifted off my shoulders, because I've been trying not to accept the fact that I love Ezekiel.

My mom looks shocked by what I've just said but she comes back to her senses.

"No one cares about that , but if you really love him like you claim you do , then , you would protect him from the Hyde's. You know what they'll do to him and his family if he has one. And I know you wouldn't want that for him."

"So you don't care about what I want? How I feel about this whole thing ? Mom , you know that I don't like Chris and did you know that he beats the fuck out of me whenever he wants,?"

I've been wanting to tell my parents about Chris' abuse and I'm happy that I've finally done it. I look at my mom to see her reaction, but she doesn't look surprised.

"You knew , didn't you?"

"Yes , I know everything. I know that he sometimes forces himself on you, but he wouldn't be doing that if you were loyal, and he also would've been loyal to you too of you were able to control yourself , so everything that's happening to you it's your fault."

"Now I know why dad prefers Gloria over you , you also deserve it mom, more than anything."

My mom just looks at me before storming out . I sigh and I cry myself to sleep.

...

Ezekiel

"Mmhh, this is delicious." I look at Dina with a smile . She's been admiring Sarah's cheesecake ever since it got served. We had free time today after school so we've decided to go to our eat in spot .

"You said you want to tell me something?" She asks and I nod

"Yeah , but just promise not to tell anyone."

"Really Eze, you're the only person I talk to and I'm sure the same goes to you." She says and I chuckle.

"Well, I've been planning to break up with Zara ." I say and she just sips on her milkshake while looking at me with a bored look.

"You don't look surprised?" She shakes her head and she puts down her drink.

"I expected it to happen, you thought you were happy with her but you weren't and I'm glad you've finally realised it. "

"Why didn't you tell me rather than letting me waste my time.?"

"Because I didn't want to sound like a jealous friend or ex. And i also didn't tell you because I expected you to tell me about her friend and I'm very hurt that you didn't tell me."

I open my eyes wide and look at her.

"You know about, Alexandria." I whisper and she nods.

"You forgot your Econ book the other day and I followed you to return it and I saw you walk outside , and I still followed you , but then you walked further and it was not the direction to your house, so I started getting suspicious and I followed you in secret now . I saw that you got into her car and I saw you guys kiss , but I thought it was Zara until I went back to school and I found her looking for you and Alexandria was also missing from her friend group until I remembered that Zara's not brunette."

"Are we obvious, you know me and her?" I ask her suddenly getting a bit scared that someone else might've seen us.

"No , you guys are very secretive . That day I was just meant to find out . But I know that I'm the only one who knows about you guys."

"Ok , don't tell anyone, because if the wrong person finds out I'm dead."

"Why, did someone threaten you."

"No , it's just that the way Zara talks about her stepfather, I don't think I want to deal with that. "

"But you still want to break up with her.?"

"Yeah, as long as her parents don't know me then I'm..." Before I could finish my phone rings and I look at the screen and I see Zara's name . Speaking of the devil.

"I'm going to take this " I say and Dina nods while I stand up.

I stand outside and I answer her call.

"Hi"

"Hey babe , I've got some interesting news for you."

"Oh really , what is it?"

"Well , I spoke to my parents about you and now they would like to meet you. And don't worry I've told them about how you're the Luther's maid's son so you don't have to worry about it."

"What! How could you do something like this without telling me."

"What's that supposed to mean , and anyway I figured that since I know your parents then it would be fair if you were to know mine, isn't it how it works."

I sigh and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Yeah , I'm sorry . I'm just shocked ."

"Yeah I know , but anyway I'll send you all the important details that you need to know. And babe relax, they just want to know how much of a gentleman you are , and that's it . Ok , I've gotta go now bye I love you."

"Bye."

I head back inside and after eating we leave immediately. I know I've been silent but I can't help that things just got messy for me and there's nothing I can do about it.