chapter 42

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

I try to think of a way I'm going to tell my parents about Alexandria and to be honest it's scaring the shit out of me.

But right now I have to think about the books in front of me and find a way to get through the year . Only a few months left and after that I'll be free.

The bell rings and I stand up leaving the class . I see Lana heading to me and I try to find a way to escape her but I can't.

"Hey, uhmm . We haven't really talked since that day."

"Yeah well I don't care about it so, look Lana I want absolutely nothing to do with you, with what I'm about to say I'm probably just delusional but I see the looks you give me and I don't appreciate them . I'm probably just imagining it but I hope I didn't give you the wrong message that day. It was a nice drive though, so thank you." I say and leave not wanting to hear what she had to say , if I'm imagining it all then she can laugh it off , but I want to cut off all the relationships I have with these people from St Louis. I want to be ready when we'll be starting our new life with our kid.

...

I lie down next to Alexandria who is talking to her dad on the phone . He's been keeping in touch and I'm really eager to leave with her.

She hangs up and looks at me with a smile . I lean in to kiss her and we make out for a while.

"What did your dad say ?"

"He's preparing for a place to stay now ."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"When are you planning to break up with Zara?"

I sit up and look at her. She's been asking me the question for the past few days .

"Uhmm, I told you I'm going to when I'm ready , it's obviously not going to be easy Alexandria, and you also haven't broken up with Chris and even though you say you guys are not in a relationship I still think he will need the closure."

"I'm sorry it's just I know you have a deep connection with Zara somewhere in you. And what if you ask her to come with us. "

"Hey don't say that now , I told you that Zara will always be something to me , but she doesn't complete me like you do. I think you should rest now. "

She lays in my arms and next thing I know she's already asleep . She's cuter now with all the laziness and mood swings . And I try to come and see her during midnight to see if she has any problems some days.

I really love her and I can't believe she's going to be a mother to my child . I feel like a winner and I hope wherever we're gonna go , I hope we can make it through the obstacles . We're obviously not ready but I hope we'll make it work.

I wish my love would be enough for her in the future , and I trust her but a part of me can't help but feel like she's going to miss her rich life and abandon me . I just wish this feeling would go away and I could just stop overthinking.

....

Zara

I look at the messages that I send Ezekiel. He hasn't replied and I know he read them , what's wrong with him. I tried calling him but it's on voicemail. He doesn't even hang out with our group during breaks like he used to before.

I look at our past pictures and I feel the tears in my eyes threatening to come out . I feel hurt inside because why would he just ignore me for days and act as if I don't exist . I've given him everything and this is how he repays me .

I love him and it's now I'm realising that he never said it back. I break down and I think about how he never even treated me the way I treated him, I tried to ignore the signs but I can't anymore, because it's obvious that all this time it was one sided. I've never been this heartbroken before , even though we didn't break up . How would I feel if we really break up. I cry uncontrollably, I feel like someone is pulling my insides, my heart , everything.

I wish I could call someone to talk to about this , but Lana is fake , Holly will tell Lana and Al, I don't like or trust her anymore. I'm literally losing everyone, my boyfriend that I love so much, my friends and my ex best friend who I've known for my whole life . I really hate her and everytime I see her I just want to strangle her , she's a bitch and I can't believe all it took was to take a simple book.

I've hated her since I read her journal, all this time I just wanted to hurt her with the stuff that me and Ezekiel do by rubbing it on her face. I know she thinks I think that she's over her little crush but I know she's not.

The more I think about the fact that they live under the same roof , it hurts like hell because I don't even know what happens between them, and Ezekiel did tell me to trust him but with the way he's acting towards me , it gives me doubts, and they hurt like hell just thinking about them .

I cry silently, not wanting to wake anyone up. I sleep through the tears and just wait for the next day .