chapter 34

Ezekiel

I look around while I'm holding Zara's hand .

"What do you think ?" Zara asks and I look at her . It's her birthday party and it's in her house , and I'm guessing her parents went away to give her space.

"I don't know, I don't like crowded places , that are also loud and reeking of alcohol and cigarettes." I say and she laughs and I smile at her.

"But what can I say , it's your birthday and I must fight over the edge to just leave right now."

"Well , it's a good thing that you'll be staying because I want to introduce you to some people."

We walk around and she introduces a few of her cousins . To be honest I don't think there's anyone who isn't drinking in here except for me.

We dance for a while and we go to chill with her friends.

"Wow, I'm so high right now ." Holly says and I just look at her. I've been getting to know Zara's friends and they're definitely not what I'm used to .

"Oh My God, guys look behind Zara." Alexandria says and I turn around to see a girl walking towards us .

They scream and they all run towards her and they hug her while I just stand there looking at them.

"Oh my gosh why are you here ?"
"What are you doing here?"
"Wow you're back."

They attack her with all sorts of questions and they all hug her again.

"Guys I think we should go somewhere private, where we can chill nicely ." Zara says and she leads us to a room that looks like a cinema and we find Chris and his friends smoking and drinking, and ...are those drugs? Wow I really don't want to be here right now.

"Oh my god , is that who I think it is ." One of Chris' friends says and the girl nods and he runs to her and does things I don't wanna talk about.

We sit down after they're done greeting her and I sit next to Zara and hold her hand.

"Oh my god before I forget , Diane meet Ezekiel and Ezekiel this is Diane ." Zara introduces us and Diane just looks at me while smoking the cigarette in her hand.

"Yeah I've heard about him, I've just never been in the same room as him ." She says and she takes the drugs from Chris' friend and inhales , and I just look at her . I'm a bit surprised because she didn't seem like the type to do drugs , she looks very... innocent and she has long black hair and green eyes.

"Diane come on , you're going to scare him away." Chris' friend says and they laugh at his lame joke and I try hard not to roll my eyes . I turn to look at Diane and she's already looking at me with a smile, probably smiling at the joke .

"Come on , Jordan. We shouldn't make fun of Zara's boyfriend infront of her, that's disrespectful and degrading for Ezekiel, right Ezekiel?" Lana says and looks at me waiting for an answer, but I just look away.

I look at the dude called Jordan and I suddenly remember that he is the openside flanker of our school's rugby.

"Don't mind them." Zara whispers in my ear and I look at her with a smile and she kisses my cheek .

I look around and I see a few of her friends looking at us , and I look down with embarrassment.

"Oh shit guys , the drinks are finished let's go and take more." Alexandria says and they nod in agreement. I try not look at her and I hope I've been successful since the party started.

"I'm too high , so Jordan can you please also bring for me?" Diane asks and Jordan nods.

"Well let's hurry up, and I know your boyfriend here doesn't want it, so let's leave without him." Lana says and they all go out of the cinema, leaving me and Diane alone .

I look at her awkwardly and she looks at me with a curious look.

"You're with Zara right ?" She asks and I nod .

"I see the way you look at her by the way ." She says and takes a puff of the cigarette.

"She's my girlfriend, how do expect me to look at her."

"Who said I'm talking about Zara." She says and I look at her feeling confused.

"Meaning?" I ask

"I'm talking about Alexandria." She says and I look at her suddenly feeling my shoulders tense.

"What are you talking about?" I ask and I hope my tone is normal so she doesn't sense that I'm panicking inside.

She exhales the smoke and looks at me with a smile.

"Don't worry relax , I'm not going to tell anyone, but I can tell that you're trying really hard to not look at her but you're failing miserably. But don't worry, as long as no one gives you serious attention and observe you carefully like I did , no one would know." She says and I just look at her not knowing what to say.

"She looks at you the same way you look at her and it's very interesting to watch because the two of you are trying not to look at each other at the same time. I always knew Zara was her friend and not best friend because I'm her best friend in secret , but I didn't think she would do this to Zara ."

I look at her and I'm wishing that someone can just come and break this conversation.

"Why were you observing me in the first place?" I ask her and she smirks

"You're handsomely tall and you have a model face and you're probably the only person that looks good with a mullet , or maybe it's because it's curled. I also know you're smart , which is very sexy. And to be honest I don't blame Alexandria for even looking at you or should I say fucking you?"

Before I could say anything the door opens and they all barge in while laughing and talking . Diane goes back to inhaling her drugs and I look around to realise that Alexandria and Chris are not here.

"Chris and Alexandria better finish with their fucking soon , because I'm not going to be drinking all this alone." Jordan says and I feel a pang of jealousy hitting me and I look down to hide my face from everyone. I look up to see Diane looking at me with a smirk on her face as if she already knows what I'm thinking.