chapter 8

Ezekiel

everyone is at the pool dancing , swimming and drinking, but I see my mother approaching me

"Hey Ezekiel, I will take care of Alexandria and her friends you can go now" my mother says.

" What! wh..."

"Ezekiel leave , now"
"thanks "I say to her , " but who will take care of your chores" I ask because I don't want her to have problems with Mrs Luther because of me.

" It's all covered , just go now" she says giving me a stern look . I don't wait any longer and I leave for my room

I enter the room and I don't waste any time before I jump on the bed.
I groan "this feels amazing" I mumble to myself.

....

Zara

I see Ezekiel leaving after talking to his mother and I suddenly feel this edge to go to him , you know what , I'm going to go to him and stop this feeling I've had ever since I met him, yeah I'm going to do that.

I get out of the pool" Zara where are going ?" Alexandria stops me and God she scared the hell out me.
"Relax , it's just me , where are you going?" She asks again

"Uhmm , I'm going to the bathroom, I drank a lot of tea in the garden" I lie and I hope she didn't see right through it.

Alexandria looks at me before going back to the pool. Whew that was close.

I rush as I enter the house and look for Ezekiel's room , and yes I know where it is because I kind of stalk him , but not that much I promise.

I knock on the door, the door opens and Ezekiel comes in view and I look at his mesmerizing brown eyes and brown hair , gosh this guy is beautiful, when God made him he was in a good mood.

"Can I help you?" Well damn , way to ruin my mood Ezekiel .
"Uhm, can I come in ?" I ask feeling nervous, gosh if Alexandria were to see me like this she would be embarrassed by me. Ezekiel steps aside and walk in his room and wow I've never seen such a clean small room, if it were mine , no no it will never be mine.

Ezekiel clears his throat making me look at him , and we look at each other for what feels like an eternity.

"What are doing here?" He asks with a look of confusion

Before I know what I'm doing I run to give him a hug , god he smells so nice , not expensive but still nice and cool ,I ...wait what , Zara stop embarassing yourself, I step back and look at him and with the look he has on his face I swear the earth could swallow me right now.

I look down feeling embarrassed all over again " I'm sorry."

"No it's ok , I understand why you needed a hug after all the pretending you did in front of all these people " Ezekiel says ,and I feel some kind of relief that he's not mute or shy . Wait so he knows I've been pretending.

"So you've known all this time that I like you and I've been pretending not to in front of all my friends?" I ask and Ezekiel opens his eyes wide almost as if he's shocked, shit he was not talking about me liking him was he ?

"You like me?" Ezekiel asks and it was at that moment I knew I fucked up big time, I walk past him because I don't want to be here right now.

"Wait ." Ezekiel steps in front of me and he goes to lock the door " you can't just leave like that after telling me something like that ."

" Why are you acting like you've never heard it before?" I hope he says he's never heard it before.

"I have , but not from people like you." He has been told before bummer , wait what does he mean by people like me

"I'm sorry, but what do you mean by people like me."

"Well, you know rich , glamorous lifestyle and rich again." He says and I feel good to know I'm the first rich person to like him

"Uhm yes we can, we just don't show it ." I say .

"Ok , but like, why do you like me , I mean you know I'm a maid and poor and..."

"I don't care look, I like you because... Well I don't know why but I like you." I say cutting him off.

We look at each other for a while and he steps forward to kiss me , god yes he's going to kiss me with those perfect downturned lips ... Or hug me like he's doing now , mm well let me just enjoy it while it lasts I hug him back and we stay like that for a moment.

"Ezekiel ." A deep voice breaks us apart and we smile at each other.

"That's my father ." Ezekiel says

"Oh , can you please give me your phone so , I could insert my numbers ." I ask trying to sound nonchalant, but deep down I'm nervous as fuck.

"Uhm , sure ." He reaches for his phone and unlocks it. I find myself dancing inside along with the butterflies. I take his phone and insert my numbers in .

"What do you think I should save it as ?"
I ask him , because I know I can't put my real name.

There is a knock on the door " Ezekiel" the man calls again

"Dad just wait a minute." Ezekiel says and I find myself smiling and I don't even know why .

"What is your last name" he asks

"Uhm , Hyde." I say looking down .

"Hyde as in Chris Hyde ?"

"Yeah but he's only step brother , because his father married my mother that's why."

"Ok then I'll save you as Hades."

I chuckle" why ?"

" I don't know ." He says as he laughs and I laugh with him

"Ok ok ok Hades it is ." I say leaving because I know his father is still outside.

"Ok bye now , because I know my dad is going to start feeling impatient and it's not good when he reaches that stage." He says and I laugh" ok bye ."

I quickly run to him and give him a kiss on the cheek and run away and I unlock the door to be met with the man that Ezekiel was talking to in the garden.

He looks at Ezekiel and he looks at me , and I walk away with a big smile on my face.