chapter 27

Ezekiel

I walk down the stairs and hear voices coming from the kitchen and I see my mom smiling at someone.

I go to check and I find Zara and my mom talking along with my dad.

"Oh son you're here, Zara was looking for you but you were not in your room , but then Apolo told us that he sent you to do something for him so he could come see me." My mom says .

I look at my dad and he winks at me with one thumb up . I look at Zara and she's busy mashing potatoes and looking at me with a smile and blows a kiss for me and quickly looks away when my mom suddenly turns to her.

"Zara , now that Ezekiel is here you can leave the work and go with him and relax." My mom says .

"Uhmm , actually I was just about to go and take a shower." I say

"Yeah you should , and brush your teeth thoroughly and wash 'it' with soap , scrub and wash it with soap again or foam bath , just anything until it's clean and you're good to go and then you can call Zara." He says and winks and we all look at my father . My mother is giving him a look of disapproval and Zara is looking at me with a smile but I can tell she's blushing.

I turn to leave and go to my room.

...

After I'm done showering I head to the kitchen and I see that Mrs Luther is back , oh hell no. But what's surprising is that Mr Luther is also here which is very rare. I only saw him once when I was still living with Carla and I would sometimes come to see my parents.

I walk in the kitchen and I find the other maids taking food to the dining room.

"Mom , is there any special occasion ?" I ask my mom who is getting other dishes ready.

"Yeah but it's tomorrow , Mr and Mrs Luther are having important guests for Alexandria." My mom says and heads to the dining room and I just stand there still shocked by what she just said.

I feel someone's arms around me and I turn to see Zara. She suddenly kisses me. I pull back and look at her and she looks a bit surprised.

"Uhm , what if someone sees us.?"

She chuckles and wraps her hands around my neck .

"No one is going to see us , and plus I'll be sleeping here tonight to help Al with some stuff for tomorrow, so which means we have extra time tonight." She says and gives me a peck on my lips and she looks around before kissing me slowly and I wrap my arms around her waist and she deepens the kiss .

Suddenly the kiss gets rough and I pull her closer to me. Someone clearing their throat makes us pull away and I turn to see Alexandria looking at us with a smile.

"Really Zara , in my mom's kitchen that's like super disgusting but hot." She says in her girly - bitchy voice making Zara laugh. I just stand there surprised by how Alexandria is acting.

"Move weirdo." She says shoving me away from the fridge and I move away . I look at Zara and she's rolling her eyes but she's smiling at Alexandria.

Alexandria takes out ice cubes and cream milk from the fridge.

"Is it time for your iced coffee routine?" Zara asks and helps Alexandria to make the iced coffee and I just stand there and look at them, they look so happy together and I find myself starting to feel guilty.

A phone rings and Zara goes to check it.

"Shit it's my mom , I'm sorry Al but I have to take this ." Zara says and leaves the kitchen.

Now it's just Alexandria and I but we don't say anything. She's busy making coffee and I step closer to her and look at her but she continues to make coffee without looking at me.

"I didn't know you liked iced coffee , or let alone you knew how to make it." I say with a chuckle trying to break the awkwardness between us. She looks at me with an offended look

"Excuse me , what's that supposed to mean ?" She asks and I smile.

"Rumours have it that you don't really know your way in the kitchen." I say and she chuckles and we look at each other for a while.

"I wish I could kiss you right now." I whisper and she looks at me but she bites her lower lip trying hard not to smile but she's failing miserably. We hear footsteps and I go back to fridge and Alexandria continues with her iced coffee.

Zara walks in and she looks a bit sad .

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Turns out I have to go back home like right now , I'm sorry I know you were looking forward for tonight, sorry too Al but I have to leave bye." She says

"Are you sure it's safe to drive this late at night."

"Baby I have a driver ." She says and gives me a peck on my lips and hugs me . She hugs Alexandria too before she leaves .

I look at Alexandria and I remember what my mom said earlier. I check if there's no one around before I can ask her.

"What kind of guests are you having tomorrow ?" I ask quickly moving closer to her . She looks at me with a solemn look .

"Alexandria I'm asking you something." I whisper.

She sighs . "It's nothing serious, just my family and Chris' family coming together as friends to spend time together. " She says but I'm still not sure.

"Wait , like negotiations?" I ask

"I will explain some other time."My mom walks in and Alexandria stops talking and goes back to making her coffee. I sigh and turn to leave but I find my mom looking at Alexandria with a disgusted look but a death stare at the same time. She finds me looking at her and she gets back to work.

I leave the kitchen and go to my room.