3

Cindi and I have agreed to meet up at a nearby cafe where we live. This area is quite posh but not too expensive. It's also near an even more affluent area. I mean, it's mandatory protocol in this economy. The people you surround yourself with will be an example of your future. 

You get to network or bump into wealthy people and are surrounded by that kind of mindset on a daily. That's how I got my part-time job as an English teacher online – through networking. If you know the right people then you're introduced to the right opportunities.

"I hope we're able to finish this thing today so I can focus on our pracs", she says as we settle down at a table outside after placing our orders.

"Ish don't get me started on that." I also want to focus on online teaching and see if I can get a higher pay for next month if I work full time. Don't get me wrong, the money I earn now is good and sustainable enough since I'm a very organized and low-cost woman. I live below my means. 

I use the money I earn to pay my own rent and other things. My dad usually just sends me money for groceries and my mother takes me shopping with her quite a lot so that's never an issue. My mother is a housewife by the way and my dad is a surgeon. They're alright. Well, at least that's what they were both doing last I checked. You never know with those two.

Halfway into our project/task, I excuse myself to the loo. Coming back from the loo, I bump into someone and I quickly apologize without looking up and rush back to Cindy. I know I bumped into a man. He was strong and tall and there was no missing that masculine cologne he had on that smelt like someone you'd want to grab you by the ne- hehe let me chill out. That's not me talking, it's the hormones for real haha.

"Girl, what's up with you" Cindy furrows her brows in question as she takes in the state I return to the table in.

I tell her about my little incident and she laughs. We continue with our work until the sun begins to set. We decided it was time for a little break. Mind you, all we had to eat was some muffins and juice for me while she had tea.

Realizing that we won't finish now, we wrap things up and go to her car.  We end up going to the cinema to go watch an animated movie. The movie was great and we werere making jokes about the ending. The parents who were sitting around us probably thought we were so childish and annoying since we sang along to every song we could and were as dramatic about the scenes as the kids. We didn't care though. We were having fun. 

We end up at Cindy's, ordering food and getting drinks from her fridge. While we wait for the food, we sort out what's left of the work we still need to get done which is still a lot. I sent T (Boitumelo) a text telling her I'm at Cindy and blah blah blah.

"So, I guess I'm sleeping over so we can finish this today. We're already on a roll so it's best if we just finish it today and then skip school tomorrow to rest" I suggest and she nods.

"I agree. We're definitely on a roll. I'm so glad we found each other because I can't imagine being paired with someone else who doesn't have the same mentality and determination as myself" she sighs, taking a seat on her cute white couch.

The food arrives and we waste no time in devouring it before we tidy up and get back to business like the focused babes we are. By the time we are done its 3am and we are EXHAUSTED. I take a quick shower in the guest room while she says she wants to take a long relaxing bath. Ha! It could never be me at this level of exhaustion.

I don't even bother changing into the spare jammies she borrowed me to sleep in. I jump stark naked into the blankets before a sigh of contentment leaves my mouth and I drift off into a deep slumber.

___________

Sanibonani bo lovey, hope yall are doing alright njena. I would like to thank all of you who have voted so far and are commenting. Please don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think:)