52

"Can we talk?" he says, after I enter the living room from taking my shower. 

I just sit down next to him and keep quiet. I'm done of fighting. I'm tired of fighting women because of him. This isn't me. The worst part is that he isn't even really mine but I still have to do all this? No. 

"I'm sorry about what happened today at Gumbi's. I didn't know that she come back so soon, never mind today of all days" he says, and I continue to listen attentively. 

"I want you. I want to be with you and you alone. I will handle the situation. I was serious when I said what I said. I meant every word. I'm gonna put in the work to be with you. I just hope you can meet me half way and give me the chance to keep you as mine forever." he says. 

"Damien, I won't be fighting women left and right. So deal with all your girls and then we can start talking but for now, we're just roommates. I already have a lot on my plate." I say and he nods 

"I gotchu." he says then pulls me by my neck and kisses me. I kiss him back then pull away. 

"Lemme go sleep. Good night" I say and he says it back. 

Once I get to my room I call my parents to check up on them and they tell me that they're doing good. I'm glad but also very emotional hearing that because he's back and that might soon not be their reality. I fear talking to my brother the most because I know he won't take this well. 

I just curl up on my bed and silently sob. T calls me but I ignore her call and put my phone on DND. Then I play some lo-fi music to help me fall asleep. 

Waking up the next morning felt like a drag. My head felt like a ton of bricks fell on top of me. 

"Morning" he says as I enter the kitchen. 

"Morning Damien." I say with no emotions laced. 

"Enjoy your day baby" he says with a small smile on his face. 

I look at him and he kisses my forehead then  heads out the door. 

"Damien!" I shout out. 

"Yeah?" he says peeping back in. 

"Be safe" I say then turn away from him and make my breakfast. 

He's stood there for a couple of seconds before I hear the door close behind him signifying that he finally left.

I hate how I really like this man but it feels like nothing ever wants to work out for us. Then on top of that he doesn't want to see me with other people. Another part of me loves how selfish he is with me but the other hates that I can't be as selfish with him because I don't have the energy he has to fight guys off me. 

I go read the word then pray. I then get the shower and start studying. Today is just one of those days where I just need to catch up with my books and stuff. And that's exactly what I do before I hear Gumbi at the door. 

And you might be wondering how I know it's him? He knocks like a police. 

"Gumbi" I say opening the door for him. 

"Wola mamas" he says and I glare at him. He chuckles in response. 

"Unjan kodwa?" he asks, getting juice and following me back to my study spot. 

"I'm alright thanks, wena unjan?" I ask. 

"I'm a happy man hey. I can inally focus on the love of my life. and yes, I left the other women like I said I would if she ever finally gave me a chance. She doesn't know this yet. She thinks she will be another number but I would never do that." he says.