38

"Koko, can I talk to you for a moment?" I ask as I enter into the kitchen. 

She nods and we go into her bedroom and shut the door. 

"I know why you want to talk to me. Ngwanaka, it's okay. Ebile it looks like that boy loves you-" she starts rambling.

"Bathong koko, no. That's not my boyfriend. I just want to apologize about what happened. I promise he isn't a bad person. Even though it looked otherwise..." I say. I don't even know why I'm defending him but I know that I don't want koko uncomfortable around them. 

"Lerato, Boity already spoke to me while you were talking to that other boy. I'm old. I saw how you guys were acting around each from the very first day, with everyone. But I understand that it's complicated as Boity said. What I know for a fact is that you and that boy are meant to be together. You can't fight it forever" she says and then attempts to leave. 

"Aowa koko, you can't just say things like that and then want to leave. Like I said - we're not together and we won't be together. I wish I could tell you so that you could understand but-"

"Ke le gintsa. Ngwanaka, ke tsofetsi. I know why you're fighting this so much but just trust that God would never put you togtehr with someone He didn't think was right for you. Are you forgetting that they are Gods children too? That God loves them? You may be that childs saving grace. So sometimes you just have to pray about it and leave the rest to God." she says holding my hand and I shed a tear. 

I don't understand why I'm feeling so emotional today. Maybe koko is right. I just didn;t really look at things like that because I just didn't want to disappoint God. I forgot that they too are His children and that as Christians we are called to pray for even the wicked. 

Sometimes as believers we forget that Jesus, himself dinned with the most vile people. We forget that just because someone is bad today doesn't mean that that is their fate forever. We forget that the are people in the bible that were saved because of their friends belief in Christ. And that we should pray for one another and bless one another, even the ones that do wrong to you. Especially those ones actually. 

Our prophets and so many other people spoken about in the Bible weren't the greatest of people at first hut because they were ordinary and had sinned and some had done atrocious things in life, God decided to make an example out of them and show off through them so that we may witness His grace and power. 

"Just think about it. I'm not mad at him or you or anyone. I'm too old for that. I was just scared in the moment for your lives but if you guys are vouching for him like this and I can tell that he is a good man then I trust that the rest will be up to God and His will." she says with a warm smile.

I just throw myself into her arms and she chuckles, holding me. I just love this women so much.

"Thank you so much koko. I pray that God keeps you to a hundred years" I say, and she looks at me like I just said the most outrageous thing in the world. 

"Mang? Yho anever nna. Even this 80 is a lot. Maybe 85. I'm tired eh. I don't want to die in a wheelchair and a burden. I want to die happy and still kicking." she says with some sass and I just laugh.

We leave the room laughing as she tells me about how hot she used to be during her days and that she would have Shadow begging to marry her if it was back then.

"That man of yours is hot man. You picked well. Ebile all of them are very good looking men. Hurry up with your games so I can see my great grandchildren Lerato" she says hitting me.

"Bathong koko, he's not all that. And for the last time, him and I are not together!" I say chuckling and she rolls her eyes. 

Shadow comes our way as we're going into the direction of the kitchen where it sounds like everyone else is.