5

T and I woke up pretty early today because we still have to clean her house before we head to mine. Thabang remember ? So while she gets stared with cleaning I do the laundry and make us breakfast. It's like 7am now so hopefully we get everything done by 9. We started with her windows and beddings so we've been up since 5 thirty. We're listening to gospel music while we work around the house. One thing about me and my friend? We love Jesus and we will put Him above all else.

One we're done with all the house work it was 9:33. We agreed on taking a shower at my place. So she locks up and we leave to go to my apartment. Once we get there we clean it up. There wasn't much cleaning we had to do here because I left it clean but just some touch ups and my laundry.

We get that done in less than 10 min and as for the laundry – I'll fold it tomorrow. We go shower and get dressed. T has her own closet here. I mean we both have our own rooms in each others apartments so obvi.

As we're watching a movie – a horrible one at that courtesy of your fav over here next to me – we hear someone outside then T gets a call. She gets up without saying anything and heads to the door. Maybe she ordered food.

"Sho, I hope I'm not late, T said to pull up at 10" I get startled when I hear him come into view. It's Ralph.

I'm so nervous about Thabang that I even forgot that Ralph was also going to be here for extra protection. I greet him and shrug off whatever he was saying and we all just chill in the living room watching a horror movie Ralph picked out.

Bang bang bang! We all get shocked by the loud banging on the door. And then we hear him... here goes nothing.

"Yey wena sfebe, vula la" that's Thabang. He's probably drunk.

Thabang has a habit of getting drunk whenever he's mad or over stressed. It's one of the issues we've had in our relationship. He always said he'd stop – and I would believe it. Now I see that you can't force change into someone unless they want that for themselves then you can just support them.

We all look at each other before I finally decide to get up and open up for him. It's time to face my demons. I open the door and to be honest ? I don't understand why I even stayed this long. He isn't what he used to be.

I look at him and I don't see the man that I was so inlove with. The man I was attracted to long died. It has been 3 years and the guy I met in the beginning of vasity is no longer there and before stands a stranger - A ghost of a man I once wanted to walk down the aisle to.

Before I could even say anything he grabbed me by the hair and punched me in the stomach. I screamed in agony and he kept shouting at me telling me that I'm his and that I should learn to behave like it. He said that he's a man and he can do whatever he wants. I couldn't even say or do anything as he hovered over me like a dark shadow in my life.

Next thing I know Thabang was flying across the room – Ralph. I could hear groans and Thabang pleading for his life that was followed by thudding sounds which I'm guessing is Ralph beating mr im a man.

T immediately rushed to me when Ralph grabbed Thabang so she was crouched next to me consoling me. I just continued to sob in her arms as I wished all of this would be over and done with. Ralph finally stopped and told him to never set his eyes on me again or he'd kill him. He looked like meant it too. Hopefully that's it for Thabang and he stops bothering me.

Thabang was laying almost unconscious on the floor. T helped me get up since my stomach hurt and Ralph threw what was left of Thabangs belongings over to him then grabbed him up and put him outside. I dared not to say a word in protest.

When Ralph came back he asked me for Thabangs address and I gave it to him then he left again while on the phone.

"Don't worry, he'll handle it.", T sounded so sure of her man.

And that just broke me. Just seeing how safe and assured T felt about her man made me realize what a shit show of a relationship I had been holding on to. I want that for myself. Safety and assurance.

When Ralph came back he told us that he's gone and that I'll never have to worry about him every again. I nodded in thanks and he gave me an apathetic smile. He told us that he'll be back later to check up on us. He wanted to give us space. I'm not that close with him so he knows that I'm not fully being expressive of my emotions at the moment.

Once he leaves and T comes back into the house we cuddle and I go ahead and vent and mourn what was the end of such a shitty part of my life for the past 3 years. T thinks I need therapy but I think I've already long let go of the shit he'd put me through so I'd be fine.

After an hour of that whole scene T suggests we go to the doctor- no wait, she DEMANDS we go to the doctor then a spa. So we get into her car and head to the doctor who checks me up and gives me meds for the small bruise that had popped up due to the punch earlier on.

Luckily it wasn't  that bad of a punch so it would go away after a few days and no fractured ribs this time. She gave me some pills for stress and pain then went on to recommend therapy and etc yall know how it goes.

It wasn't my first time at the doc because Thabang so I already knew the process and what they'd say. After the doctor, we head to the spa and have such a great time I almost forget all about the Thabang saga. When I began to drift off thinking about it I'm brought back to reality by T as she begins yet another crazy story about almost crashing her mans car the other day. We all laugh at her and she tells us that she almost booked a ticket out the province to hide out for a while.

"Mosadi nna I was gone if it wasn't for that man telling me I didn't crash", she tells me as she gets off the massage table and gets herself a drink from the mini bar that was set up for us.

The ladies that work at the spa haven't stopped laugh and I just shake my head with a smile on my face. Oh bandla, thank God for such an amazing bestie.

By the time we get back home its 4 and Ralph is standing outside my door, mad. Oops! We forgot that he said that he'd check up us and our phones were dead.

"Oh my goodness baby I'm so sorry I completely forgot and then my phone died and I-", T begins to ramble as she hold Ralph by his arms and he just smiles and shakes his head while grabbing her into a hug.

"Im just glad you guys are safe", he whispers into he hug but I hear it.

I clear my throat and they both turn to look at me and T nervously drops her hands from Ralph with a sheepish smile.

"Get a room" I walk past them with my bags. Yes, we also did a little bit of retail therapy. Don't judge us.

"Get dressed, I'll come fetch you guys in an hour" Ralph says and he leaves us giddy from our shopping.

"Why are we getting dressed now", I frown towards T.

She looks at me with a scowl on her face and it hits me – the braai for Shallow!! I completely forgot about that whole ordeal. T reassures me that if I don't feel up to it today that she'd be fine going alone or even cancelling to stay with me. I reassure her that I'm fine and that we're going. I mean Ralph has been nothing but kind and helpful, he even saved me this morning so there's no way I'm about to be the bad guy and take this moment away from them right now.
We get dressed and we look BOMB! As always.

We both decided to wear cargo pants since it's a bit chilly and we don't really wanna wear the cliché dress to braai like makotis. She matched hers with a cropped top and I put on a long sleeve thin top. And we're both wearing matching Nike kicks.

_____
A/N

So?! What do you guys think so far about the characters? Comment down who your fav character is and why!