31

I genuinely think there's something mentally wrong with this man. I asked him to leave and guess what he does? He throws me on his shoulder and takes me with him to a tinted black SUV that was suddenly parked outside waiting for us I guess, or him rather.

When we get to the house. I say house because I have no idea whose house this belongs to. It's absolutely gorgeous but I'm too mad to even properly admire it. I don't understand why he tries to invalidate my feelings and what I choose to do with the information I now know.

"Who was behind everything that happened?" Damien asked with no emotion on his face.

"Die man Dash" said one of the guys that's always following around Gumbi. I'm guessing that's his gangster student type thing? I don't know, I'm still learning too.

Damien didn't even waste time in making necessary calls and so Gumbi and White followed suite. Ralph came into the house, looked at his two friends and knew exactly what to do.

This is what I don't want for myself. This living on the line. Never knowing where the next hit will come from and why. And a gangster girlfriend I know that there will be dumb wars and as the girlfriends you'll always catch the strays merely by association. So even if you're not an actual girlfriend but if you're seen around gangsters a lot then you become a target by association.

I don't just not want that for myself but I don't want that for my best friend too. But I know there's no way of getting her out of it now since she's already so in deep. I know she would rather see it through than to give up what she has with Ralph and I can respect that. She's a grown ass women anyway.

I excuse myself to one of the rooms. I feel so overwhelmed by everything. I may care about Damien but I care about my safety and my loved ones safety too. I won't pretend as though given the choice I'd put them first.

He enters the room and just looks at me. I briefly look up and then face down again. I can't even face him. It hurts to know that this is really it for us. We end before we even begin.

"Baby" he says and I hear footsteps coming closer to me.

I briefly look up and I see him standing near me with his hands rubbing his face. He looks frustrated.

I ignore him and I know the silence is loud as hell right now. I can't help it. I don't know what to say. I think it's quite obvious what's on my mind right now. My decision doesn't need questioning at all.

"Baba" he tries again and this time his on his knees next to me holding my knees.

I feel a tear drop down my face. He wipes it off with a heavy sigh.

"I know this isn't ideal. I wouldn't want this for my daughter so I get it but what I also know is that I can't just let you go. You're mine now" my heart skips a beat at that but it equally aches from the circumstance in which this is being said.

He puts his hand under my chin and lifts my face to face him. His eyes are bloodshot red.

I want to lower my gaze again but he doesn't let me. Instead he brings his face closer to mine and places his forehead against mine.

"This won't happen again, I promise." He says.

"You're right, it won't. At least not with me around." I finally say.

He shakes his head while our foreheads are still connected and lets out a mocking huff. I don't understand why this isn't clicking to him but eventually he'll get it through his thick skull that mina I'm out.

"Okay my baby" he says moving his forehead from mine and looking me straight in the eye with a little smile.

M This man thinks I'm playing. I shake my head and stand up. I attempt to leave but he pulls me back into a kiss. I try to push him away but he bites my lip and I involuntarily moan into the kiss and that makes him smirk.