Chapter-10

-

"Bye Babe!"  Yeosin waved him god bye before sitting in her car and driving away from his house.

He smiled while adoring her little gestures, with hands in pockets. His eyes caught a silhouette standing at the other side of the road.

That figure walked towards him and as it came near he can see a glimpse of his eyes in the dark.

"What brought you here at this time, friend?" Derek asked casually.

"Aren't you gonna ask that why I returned from USA?" Leo removed his mask.

"You're gonna tell that anyways. So why eating this much footage? Whatever, let's head inside."

-

In the middle of the night.

Y/n walked barefooted through the hallway. The guards who had night shifts watched her going somewhere with a small blanket wrapped around her.

She opened the glass door of the terrace only to find someone sitting there already. By looking at the back, she can recognize the person without any trouble.

She smiled, and proceeded towards him. His tattoos peeking through his rolled up sleeve. She covered his shoulder with the blanket she carried here. As he didn't noticed her presence, being lost in thoughts, he was a little surprised. He straightened his posture.

"Can't sleep?" Y/n asked politely.

He just nodded.

"Can I sit here?" She asked with the same tone.

He nodded again.

The feeling of affection he felt because of her voice was new to him which he instantly bothered to ignore.

"Why can't you sleep?" He finally spoke. She replied by shaking her head.

"I can sleep but I chose not to." She replied while looking at the stars which covered the sky in whole.

"You like stargazing?" He questioned. She looked at him

"How do you know?" She asked astonished. He chuckled.

"That look on your face told me." He said in a casual tone.

"You can read people?" She asked to keep the conversation continued.

"Not sure. But you tell, Can you read people? You're a detective." He spoke.

"For god's sake, I am not any detective. I am an investigator. I investigate the crime scenes and the clues." She tried to explain it to him.

"But I can't read people, like I am not sure about reading but I can tell something about a person by observing their personality." She told.

"Observe me." 

'Oof. His raspy voice.' She whispered in her thoughts.

She smiled more like grinned.

"We have been seeing each other for some days only. I am afraid I might describe you wrong as you didn't let me see your real side till now. But yeah, I can say, I saw the glimpse today while we were at our beach date." She fiddled with her fingers while trying to act as if she is shy.

That 'done' face was on the verge of appearing on his face again but as she acted shy, he raised his eyebrows.

"Are you perhaps shy?" He asked.

She nodded while smiling sheepishly, probably embarrassed of her own actions.

"Aww...my foot!" Her smile dropped and her face turned in his direction. "You looked like a roasted sweet potato." He rolled his eyes.