Chapter-16

"Tae! See I brought cookies for you. I made them by myself." Da-eun exclaimed happily while showing him the confection.

"Thanks." He took the box and simply walked away leaving her hurt.

'I wanted to feel your love once before I stop feeling anything.' Her voice was ringing in her head.

It was her letter, she left before dying. He can hear her voice with each word he read. 

'I am delighted to die before I see you with someone else. It would have hurt much worse than my cancer.'

'I wish I could make you cookies one last time but doctors refused.'

It hurts him cause he threw those cookies away which she made before. Not having an idea about her love mixed in it. He regrets his behavior towards her. Even while suffering she baked them for him and he was so ungrateful to let go of the golden girl with diamond heart. Sadly her diamond was a little weak to get infected by the disease.

'I love you and you don't have to say it back.'

'I just wish you a happy life ahead even if it doesn't includes me.'

At her funeral, not much were present. Just her parents, Taehyung and him...

'I am sorry.' Taehyung whispered before they closed her coffin.

He still couldn't bring himself to love her. He cursed his heart to be that much cruel.

'She must be feeling lucky that you are loving her, know you're late but it is better than never.' He remembered Y/n words from that day. He adored her little actions of consoling him, telling him that its okay to cry.

'Find her in someone else.' She said.

Its his Karma that he fell in love with Y/n who fell for someone else.

Taehyung kept changing his sides as he was unable to sleep.

'What do you mean by Jimin's new girlfriend?' She asked.

He chuckled and cursed himself knowing that Jimin must be suffering right now.

9 in the morning.

Y/n yawned before pushing her sheets aside. She hanged her legs from the bed and pushed her hair back which were covering her face.

Her phone rang.

"Hello?" She picked up while eyes still closed.

"Did I interrupt your beauty sleep, darling?" His voice vanished her sleep from her soul.

Her eyes opened with surprise. She checked the caller id to make sure its really him but in place of a name it was just 'unknown number'. She remember, she deleted his contact.

She scoffed.

"Did I interrupt your master plan? Well get this thing locked in your little head that none of your unpopular tactics will work on me, my so called father. Kicking me out of the Police department will never provide you any gain. Framing me as a villain will provide you nothing but shit."

He was silent for a moment before speaking.

"Who told you that I kicked you out of that damn department?"

"I don't need people to tell me anything. I have big eyes and a brain which I bring to use unlike you." She rolled her eyes even though he can't see her.
"And don't bother calling me again and again with different numbers. I'll just block and delete you anyway."