1. drunk confession

Gavi woke up to his phone ringing nonstop on his bedside table. Groaning, he turned around to face his phone and picked it up. Squinting his eyes, he looked at the name who continuously popped up at 2:30 in the morning.

"Y/N"

"Y/N?" he asked confused but worried.

On the other side of the line, y/n babbled an unfinished sentence into the phone, being clearly drunk. Gavi being now even more worried, he repeated himself until he heard y/n finally speaking somewhat normal into the phone.

"I'm at this party but I can't find my friends anymore a-and I called everyone, but no one picked up the p-phone." After a short pause you could hear music in the background, then she continued speaking.

"And I-I didn't want to wake you up because of your busy schedule but you were my last hope s-so I called you."

Gavi could hear her upset voice through the phone and tried to calm her somehow down.

"Hey, it's alright, I'm glad you called me. Where are you? I can pick you up." He was now sitting on his bed and put on a shirt before heading outside to his Cupra.

After giving him the address you were at, he started driving.

"Are you alone?" He asked her concerned. Y/n just answered with a slight mumble, making Gavi even more upset.

"Alright, stay on the phone until I'm there, okay?"

He stopped at the side of the road, seeing y/n sitting on the sidewalk. Before she could stand up on her own, Gavi came up to her and helped her to his car.

She wasn't as drunk as Gavi thought at first, but still was in no means able to go home by herself.

As they reached the car door, y/n looped her arms around his neck and mumbling a small "thank you" into his chest. Gavi chuckled lightly but embraced her too shortly after.

"let's get you home" he said calmly as he looked over to his friend.

Suddenly, y/n turned her head with a panicked expression.

"I didn't tell m-my parents I was going to a party. I told them I would s-sleep at Lucia's house, but I couldn't find her anymore. They're going to kill me."

"Then you can sleep at mine" rather surprised at his own offer, y/n shook her head.

"No no, I don't want to b-be a burden Gavi. You already did enough f-for me tonight." She slurred.

"You're never a burden y/n. I would do anything for you, you know that." Placing his hand on her thigh for assurance, y/n gazed up at him smiling.

Gavi would indeed do anything in the world for his so-called "Friend" because he was head over heels in love with her.

The two met three years ago at school, when Gavi still attended one and became close quickly. They both had the same friend group, so they eventually saw each other pretty often. From the beginning Gavi liked her more than just a friend. Y/n was smart, funny and had overall a loving personality. She also looked gorgeous with her long blonde hair and blue eyes. It was a sight Gavi never wanted to let go, but the young footballer never had the courage to do something about his feelings, even though Y/n felt the exact same way.

She felt like Gavi only saw her as a close friend and didn't see herself as a possible candidate for being his girlfriend. Gavi had so many prettier girls who slid into his dm's, so she didn't even try. She was just too scared of rejection.

As they arrived at his apartment, Gavi helped her upstairs into his bedroom.

"Well, I let you sleep here, I crash on the couch." He said and stroked her hair softly.