9. Dancing in the rain

The air was humid and thick, dark clouds covered the usual blue sky. Tiny sweat droplets were forming on her skin as Y/n tried to keep up with her friend.

Gavi was dribbling the ball like it was the easiest thing on earth, while Y/n became dizzy only looking at his movements.

The two friends decided to hang out, catching up while playing some light-hearted football. Y/n knew she couldn't keep up with Gavi but still loved spending time with him.

"How many goals have you scored by now?" Y/n asked defeated as Gavi has scored his next goal seconds before.

"Hmm, I don't know, my twentieth?" He answered with a smirk.

He walked over to where she was standing with her hands on her hips. She gave up a long time ago, but silently admired the boy opposite her.

At first, she only saw him as a strict friend, no feelings involved. This changed over time when she realized what a nice and charming guy he really was. Not to mention his looks, how could she not crush on him?

Gavi was confused with his feelings too. When he saw Y/n a warm feeling of happiness spread through his body.

His arms looped around her waist, pulling her into a sweaty hug. Her hands found their way to his soft hair, playing with it. She must say their friendship was confusing. Gavi and Y/n did not act as "just friends", there was a lot of flirting, glancing or being affectionate over the months they've known each other.

They would cuddle on the couch, sleep together in one bed in each others arms or give random forehead kisses. Nevertheless both were too shy do do something about their little crush.

"At least I can say I scored against Pablo Gavi in a 1v1." She spoke, mumbling into his shoulder due to the height difference.

"I was tying my shoes, dummy." Gavi replied, looking at her with a funny face.

"Still, the ref didn't pause the game."

"There was no ref?!" Gavi giggled, standing in front of her again.

Right as she wanted to add something, a big drop of water landed on her nose. She looked up, only to see the clouds even darker than before.

Thunderstorms in Spain erupted quickly, it could drizzle a bit and in the next minute trees would be flying around.

Gavi felt the rain droplets too, looking up only to be met with a few more on his face.

"I think we should get going before it starts raining heavily."

They grabbed their things for the walk back when it started pouring down.

Instead of running and trying to get shelter somewhere in a café, the two giggled and laughed at everything like two idiots, walking down the street.

With no care in the world, their clothes became soaked quickly, their hair an utter mess.

It was when Gavi abruptly stopped, standing in the middle of the street with a soft smile on his face. Y/n noticed his absence, stopping in her tracks to turn around.

"Dance with me." He spoke softly, his arm outstretched.

"What?" Y/n asked confused with a big smile on her face.

"Dance with me. Like the people do in those corny romance movies." He made grabby hands, wanting her to be in his arms already.

Y/n's heart fluttered at his words and heat rose to her cheeks. She grinned like a small child and walked over to Gavi, placing her hands on his shoulders.

They danced what felt like an eternity, not caring if somebody saw them or how drenched they would be afterwards. Still giggling, Y/n glanced up at Gavi, looking up into his beautiful brown eyes.

Slowly, their movements stopped but the two stayed in each others arms. Gavis gaze flickered between Y/n eyes and her lips as he slowly leaned down to cup her cheek. Y/n felt like her heartbeat could be heard over the rain drops splashing onto the ground when Gavi came even closer.

His plump lips kissed hers, making them both smile. The kiss was tender and sweet, filled with nothing but love.

"I've been wanting to kiss you for a while now." Gavi admitted as they broke apart.

"Me too..." Y/n answered, but trailed off as she placed another soft kiss onto his lips.

After breaking apart once again, they walked hand in hand back to Y/n's apartment not as friends, but as two idiots in love.