29. sleepy heads

(imagine that Gavi is in his mid-end twenties, I cant imagine him with a kid at 19💀)

I came home from a long work day at the office, feeling completely exhausted.

After the birth of our baby girl, I stayed at home for the next 6 months but recently started working again.

I opened the door as quietly as I could as it was already pretty late. Isa should already be asleep, Gavi had his dad duties today and was responsible to put her to bed.

I entered our house and the lights were already flicked off. Only the kitchen lights were still on, creating a soft atmosphere around the house.

As I walked further into the living room, I saw my boyfriend laying on the couch, our baby girl on his chest sleeping peacefully. An immediate pout came on my face and my heart swelled at the sight. Gavis hair was all over the place and his head was crooked to one side. It didn't really look comfortable but he didn't seem to mind as he was sleeping too.

Isa just laid there, arms and legs tucked in on her dad's chest. A quiet lullaby played in the background which made me chuckle slightly. I could already imagine Gavi frantically looking for his phone to play a lullaby while Isa was crying. He always hated it when his girl cried and tried his best to calm her down as quickly as he could. Him then taking her on his chest to rock her to sleep made my heart swell even more.

I quietly tiptoed over to my little family, then sitting down next to Gavi on the couch.

My fingertips softly caressed his face, occasionally moving away lost strands of hair. I then traced over his eyebrows, nose and lips before kissing them. Gavi stirred in his sleep, his eyes fluttered open at my touch. As soon as he saw me, a warm smile washed over his face.

„Hola bebé." He whispered and looked down to see his Isa still asleep.

„Hola amor. You fell asleep." I said, my fingers still playing with his hair.

„Mhm" Gavi slowly sat up, moving Isa a bit so she was lying in his arms.

„We missed you. Isa wouldn't stop crying." He spoke and placed a kiss on my forehead.

„I missed you too." I leaned into his body, my head now placed on his shoulder.

„I can't believe we made this." Gavi spoke after a while and made me chuckle.

„Me neither, but I'm glad we did."

„Me too amor. I wouldn't change it for anything."

I smiled at his words, placing another sweet kiss on his lips.

Just as Gavi was about to head upstairs to bring her to bed, Isa woke up and started crying again.

Gavi huffed, he seemed exhausted.

I opened my arm as an invitation to give me Isa and to let him rest a bit. He had been on his feet all day long looking after our girl.

Gavi tiredly smiled and placed Isa in my arms. I started to soothe her and rocked her softly until she calmed down a bit. I peppered light kisses onto her head and walked upstair to her room. I was about to lay her down in her crib, when Gavi came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my stomach. He then led me to stand in front of the mirror. His head was placed on my shoulder, Isa was still in my arms. I wanted to stay in this moment forever.

"My girls." Gavi mumbled into my neck, his hot breath causing me to giggle.

"She fell asleep." I said after a moment, seeing Isa asleep once again. Gavi let go of me so I could lay her down. We both tiptoed quickly outside the room and closed the door behind us.

I was about to make another romantic remark like we did the past minutes, when Gavi threw me over his shoulder, earning a loud, unexpected laugh from me.

"What are you doing?!" I laughed, my stomach already hurt as he reached our bedroom.

"It's time to make another baby and give Isa a sibling." Gavi said with a sly smirk as he threw me onto the bed.

-----------------------

A/n: Thought I'd say hi again, hope you like the short blurb:)