10. sleepless nights

Sleepless nights for y/n weren't unusual anymore. Being diagnosed with insomnia was hard at first, but she learned to live with it over time.

She was happy to see her boyfriend sleeping like a log anytime and anywhere, but sometimes envied his sleep. How could he sleep so much without waking up to anything?

She struggled more during school weeks where a lot was going on and her mind couldn't rest.

This night was bad once again. Y/n tried to go to bed early because she had to write an important exam the next morning, but failed once again.

Still awake at 3.15 in the morning, her body shifted from side to side. She just laid there, hearing the soft snores from Gavi sleeping peacefully next to her.

After twisting and turning some more, Y/n finally decided to get up and use the time to tire her out somehow, in hopes to at least get a few hours of rest.

Without making too much noise, she left the shared bedroom, taking her study material to the kitchentable.

She started revising her notes, sipping occasionally on her tea when meanwhile Gavi stirred in his sleep.

He eventually woke up, his hand looking for his girlfriend to bring her closer. To his surprise, he found an empty side next to him.

Confused, Gavi opened his eyes still half sleeping. He knew his girlfriend suffered from sleeping problems but thought she was just using the bathroom. After waiting for some minutes, Gavi got up knocking on the door only to receive no answer.

Making his way downstairs, he saw the kitchen lights turned on, Y/n slouching over the table with a pen in her hand.

Gavi felt bad for Y/n. He could probably never act so calm like she did when she couldn't sleep. Sleep was the one thing what put him to peace, so it made him even sadder to see his girlfriend struggle with it.

„Can't sleep again hermosa?" he asked her with a sleepy voice, rubbing his eyes.

Y/n just nodded lightly, smiling at the tired boy.

„I'm sorry I woke you up." she said, leaning back into the chair.

„You didn't, don't worry." Gavi replied, pulling her into a hug. Not until then has he realized what Y/n was doing. With furrowed eyebrows he looked at her notes scattered around the table.

„Are you studying?" He asked her once more, this time rather concerned.

„Yeah, I thought I could use the time." she answered calmly.

„Nena... I don't think that's really... healthy." he spoke unsure.

Y/n chuckled at his words. He worried so much about her and her wellbeing.

„You think so?"

„Yes. Now let me help you sleep." he spoke, picking her up and walked back to their bedroom.

Y/n giggled at his gesture and was laying in bed shortly after with a blanket draped over her body.

Gavi pulled her back into his embrace and started stroking her hair softly, trying to lull his girl back into dreamworld.

His way of helping was very thoughtful but not effective. The boy was fast asleep once again, while Y/n was still wide awake. But that didn't bother Y/n, she was just happy to feel her boyfriends comfort.