13. crying won't make you weak

Frustration was probably the best word to describe how Y/n felt.

After a tough loss against Real Madrid, Y/n finally arrived at Gavis apartment and plopped onto the couch with a sight.

She couldn't even think how her boyfriend must've felt when the referee blew the final whistle.

He played an incredible game, he tackled successfully during important moments and fought for every ball.

Sometimes football wasn't fair.

Y/n got home before him, reading a book to distract herself from bad thoughts.

After a while the front door opened, revealing a tired looking Gavi.

If Y/n was honest, she didn't know what to expect. Sometimes, Gavi was still angry after a bad game and needed some time alone to cool down. Other times he let his frustration at the facilities, coming home tired but calm, not wanting to think about it anymore.

It really depended on how important the game was.

El Clásico was different. It was one of the most watched games in football and extremely important anyway.

He looked up, seeing his girlfriend's sad eyes.

Gavi dropped his bag lazily onto the floor and made his way over to her immediately.

His arms wrapped tightly around her waist, pushing her down to lay on top of her.

„Hey amor." Y/n spoke softly and fondled her fingers in his hair. Gavis head was nuzzled into her neck as he mumbled a quiet „Hola bebé".

Y/n didn't pressure Gavi to talk and just held him tightly while stroking his back over and over again, placing some light kisses on his head too.

It has been some minutes of silence when Y/n felt Gavis body twitch several times. Quiet sobs could be heard leaving his lips and he shoved his head even deeper into her shoulder.

When Y/n realized Gavi was crying, her heart shattered into million pieces.

The sobs grew more frequent, Y/n trying her best to calm him down.

„Shh, Shh, Shh... Baby it's alright. You did the best you could." She said, trying to get him to look at her.

„It's just s-so e-exhausting. No matter what I do it won't be good enough. I won't b-be good enough." Gavi answered with a hoarse voice, placing his head now on her chest.

„Bebé don't say that. You were the best player on the pitch today. The two goals were unfortunate, yes, but you played so well."

„We still couldn't win. Now people won't s-stop bashing us players. I hate the pressure." His tears still streamed down his cheeks, Y/n tried to wipe them away with her thumb.

„Look at me please. Only people who don't know anything about football will do that, and Madrid fans. But your family, Barcelona supporters and the team believe in you. That's what should matter in the end. Sure Bellingham is world class but so are you. I mean look at you! 19, playing your 9th el clásico, won LaLiga and Nations League. You're there for a reason."

She took his face in her hands and looked into his gloomy brown eyes, placing a lovely kiss on his lips.

Gavis slowly started to calm down and smiled tiredly at his girlfriend.

„I usually don't cry, I don't e-even know why I did."

He hiccuped, hiding his face in embarrassment.

„Hey, never apologize for how you feel. You know crying won't make you weak. You can cry as much as you need to with me." Y/n giggled, assuring her boyfriend that crying wasn't something to be embarrassed about.

„I think I'm good now, thank you for being here for me." Gavi spoke and lifted himself up to kiss her again.

„Always Pablito."

„Can we stay like this? It's really comfortable."

He laid onto her chest again, muffling into her collarbone.

„Of course. Anything for you."

Not even ten minutes later, Gavi was sleeping peacefully on top of her, while Y/n stroked his head again.

-------------

A/n: The game today was...rough...