5. young parents

It was a cold, rainy evening in Barcelona as Gavi was laying besides you stroking your belly softly. His fingertips grazed over your skin, making your heart fill with happiness. Despite both being only 21 years old, your pregnancy test from a week ago came out positive.

The baby wasn't planned actually.

You were in the middle of your studies while Gavi was becoming one of the best midfielders in the world. You took your precautions, but fate decided you should have a baby with your boyfriend. It was a shock at first but there was never a doubt to keep the baby. Not even when you told Gavi as he came home from practice. His eyes lit up as he saw the test in your lap, his hands behind his neck as he teared up.

„Are you pregnant amor?" he asked you softly, trying to hold his composure.

You could just nod, the tears now spilling onto your cheeks.

„Do you... want to keep the baby?" Gavi spoke hesitantly. He always dreamed of having children with you, but would've preferred it to have them at a later age.

"Yes... it just feels right to me. Do you?" You answered stepping into his arms as he engulfed you in a tight hug.

"Of course I do hermosa, I want everything with you." He exclaimed brushing the tears off your cheeks.

This led you to the situation you were in now, laying in your boyfriends' arms as he grazed your belly with his fingers. This last week Gavi was obsessed with touching your stomach. You could see nothing yet, but the thought made you feel all warm and cozy.

"You know you can't see anything yet, right?" you teased him.

"I know, but our baby is inside you. It's the thought that counts." He replied, leaning down to kiss your stomach.

"Do you want to tell our parents and family soon?" Gavi asked again, laying back once more.

"I would tell them after the first ultrasound, then we're sure everything is fine." You replied, looking up at him to meet his eyes.

"Whatever Mami says."

Chuckling at his words you kissed the smirk off his face.

---------------------

Weeks passed and you've had your first ultrasound already. Telling your closest friends and family was fun, at the end of the announcement most of your friends were a crying mess (happy tears ofc), including both of your parents.

As the two of you were lying in bed that night, Gavi proposed his idea on how to announce the baby to the world.

"How about if I score tomorrow, I'll do the famous "I'm having a baby" celebration? You know, football under the jersey, thumb in my mouth. That thing." Gavi wondered.

"So, you're so confident you'll score tomorrow huh?" you teased him.

"Oh and how sure I am Mami." He replied cockily, making you laugh out loud.

"Yeah, I like that idea Papi." You loved the effect you had on him when you teased him. He got all red at his new nickname and hid his face in the crook of your neck.

----------------------

Wearing the Barça jersey with the number 6 on your back, you walked towards your seat in the Camp Nou. Aurora was your company for today.

"How are you feeling?" Gavi's sister asked as the warmup began.

"Very good actually, my boobs hurt though." You answered, earning a laugh from Aurora.

Gavi quickly glanced in your direction, blowing you a kiss before warming up some more.

The match against Almeria began soon after, making you and Aurora stand up as the famous anthem blasted through the speakers.

It was an exciting game with lots of intensity and many chances for your team, but they just couldn't score yet in the first half. Nervous for Gavi you fumbled with your fingers. You knew how much he wanted to score for you and announce his baby.

The second half was more heated than the first, but Gavi held his composure. You usually were a pretty optimistic person, but it looked like your announcement had to wait another week.

It wasn't until the 78th minute as Joao Felix won a duel and dribbled through several Almeria players. He then crossed the ball into the box where Gavi was placed perfectly to head the ball into the back of the net. At first you didn't even process Gavi scored. He picked it up, ran to the sideline with it and placed the ball under his jersey. The stadium and his teammates erupted into pure joy as he placed his thumb in his mouth as the final step. The screams got even louder, and the camera then pointed at you. Your face grew hot, and you hid your face in Auroras shoulder, who was clapping and cheering like a maniac next to you.

When Gavi finally had some space to place the ball back onto the field, some of his teammates jumped up to him.

"Is Y/n pregnant?" Pedri asked as they walked back to their half.

Gavi only nodded, a big smile spread on his face as he looked at his friend.

Then already the next player, Araujo, rushed towards him.

"Y'all are expecting a baby?!"

He just nodded again feeling a rush of excitement overflowing him.

The referee blew the whistle, signaling the game was over and another three points were added to the clubs account.

After hearing the word "Congratulations" for the 100th time from players, wives and fans, Y/n finally found her boy standing in the tunnel.

Gavi stood there with a big grin, embracing her in a sweaty hug and placed several kisses onto her head.

Y/n kissed him deeply before speaking.

"You really did score. I'm so proud."

"Of course I did. I hold onto my promises." He answered cheekily, kissing her once more.

Gavi then lowered his body and crouched down to kiss her small bump carefully.

"Can't wait to meet you, little one."