27. Sister's best friend 6

„When exactly is your game again?" Aurora asked you while she scribbled down some notes on her iPad.

„At five. You sure you want to come? The game isn't that important." You said.

You had a football game this Saturday and Aurora asked if it was alright if she and Javi would come watch. You loved their support of course, but it kind of surprised you they would want to watch a second division game. It wasn't competitive or anything like that, but you secretly hoped you could play at a higher level again in the future.

„I know, you tell me this every time I'm watching a game of yours. But I want to come." You squinted your eyes at her words, something about it made you suspicious. Maybe it was the grin on her face. Still, you were excited to see her supporting you tomorrow.

„Well then, I have to get going." She gathered her stuff and gave you a quick hug before heading home. You on the other hand still had to finish some more work and stayed at the library until it got dark.

At home you took a quick shower, then plopped down on your bed. Just as you were about to doze off your phone ringed.

Gavi called you and talked about his day. How he was finally able to walk somewhat normally and how his knee didn't hurt anymore with every step he took. It made you happy to hear him speaking so positively about his injury, because it did affect him a lot. You two talked for another twenty minutes until he could hear your yawns leave your lips.

„I'll let you sleep now. Goodnight hermosa."
You loved when Gavi called you, it was probably the highlight of the day. It has been about a month since you've last seen Gavi and truth to be told you missed him a lot. From the day you flew back to Sevilla, the two of you stayed in touch with Face Time and texting. It probably wasn't the best way to establish a relationship but you made it work.
Tired but with a big grin, your eyes fluttered shut and thought about when you would see Gavi again.

Around eleven o'clock your alarm went off. Groaning, you turned around, almost throwing your phone on the floor by accident. After turning off flight mode, several unread messages popped up on your screen. You opened WhatsApp to see Gavi had texted you.

„Bueenooss ddiiiaaass"

„Get up! I know you're still asleep"

„heard you got a game"

„Good luck hermosa"

You chuckled slightly, smiling stupidly at his messages. You caught yourself falling more and more for him by each passing day. Even though he wasn't physically here, he tried his best to show you how much he liked you.

„Good morning to you too"

„I'll score a hattrick for you;)"

„I would like to see that"

---------

After a boring afternoon with studying, you got ready for your game, blasting music through your AirPods to focus.

You arrived on time to meet some of your team mates already changed and headed outside to warm up.

During warm up, the coach came up to you to tell you you were in the starting lineup. A giddy feeling flowed through your body. You loved playing, even though it was just for fun and nothing professional as of now.

You glanced sideways to the small stands which enclosed the pitch to spot two familiar faces. Aurora and Javi stood there, waving at you. You waved happily back but quickly realized something was off with Aurora. Her head turned from one side to the other, as if she was impatiently waiting for someone to arrive. You brushed off the uneasy feeling, gathering your thoughts to stay focused on your game. You still took it pretty seriously, even though you did it just for fun. Maybe the future still had a spot for you in the competitive sport, who knows.