22. Sister's best friend

Having his family around in Barcelona was something Gavi had to enjoy before they left again. His parents were in town more often as it was easier for them to travel back and forth with their jobs. Aurora, his sister, sadly could not visit him that much. Studying in Sevilla made it hard for her to see him. Still, every two to three months she flew to Barcelona to watch Gavi play and spend time with her little brother.

Gavi missed her very much. Sure they had their fights, but he always felt like Aurora was the one who knew him best. Maybe it was the one-year age difference, maybe they just had a special bond.

Gavi was in his bed, scrolling mindlessly on his phone trying to pass the time. His ACL surgery was a few weeks ago so he still couldn't do much. As he was feeding his chickens in HayDay, an incoming call came from his sister.

„Hola?" He picked up, staring at the ceiling after closing the app.

„Hola Pablo! How are you doing?" Aurora asked kindly, hoping his bad mood slowly vanished.

„I'm alright. Just bored alone here. I'm feeding my animals in HayDay at the moment." He said while shrugging his shoulders.

Aurora just snickered at his comment before she continued talking.

„Anyway, I called to tell you I'm coming to visit if that's alright." She spoke, raising her voice to make it clear it was a question for him to decide.

„You're coming?! When?" He asked, happy to hear his sister was visiting him.

„My flight is next Thursday and I would go back home on Tuesday again."

„That's great." Gavi replied with a small smile.

„There's a twist though, but only if you're okay with it." Aurora spoke a bit more reserved.

Gavi just hummed, waiting for her next words.

„You know my friend Y/n? She would tag along, spending the days with us."

After a short pause Gavi answered his sister.

„Sure. No problem, I have enough room for you two." He smiled again, happy to finally meet the mysterious Y/n. He heard a lot from Aurora through stories she had told and sometimes saw you on a Instagram story.

Gavi subconsciously always zoomed in on pictures, trying to get a better look of you. He thought you were cute, a bit younger than Aurora so about the same age as him. Still, Gavi never had the chance to talk to you.

The next few days Gavi tried to clean his apartment as best as he could, preparing it for the two girls.

It was Thursday afternoon, Gavi wiping the kitchen counters as a last preparation when the doorbell rang. He would've loved to pick the two of you up, but he couldn't with his injured knee.

Standing on his front porch, Aurora and you stood there smiling when Gavi opened the door.

After greeting his sister with a long hug, Aurora stepped aside, introducing you to Gavi.

„This is Y/n."

„Hola" Gavi said.

You greeted him just as kindly and stepped forward to give him a quick hug.

Shortly after Aurora and you were unpacking your luggage, sharing some stories while Gavi was sitting on the bed, listening to your rambling.
He couldn't explain it. He was so captivated by you, the way you talked or how you laughed when Aurora said something funny. And he didn't even know you that well yet.

„Gavi did you know Y/n was scouted by Barça when she was thirteen?"

Gavis eyes went wide as he heard Auroras words.

„How come I never saw you at La Masia?" He asked, all his attention now on Y/n.

„I never went. I couldn't see myself moving away from my family so young." You chuckled, earning an understanding smile from Gavi.

„Understandable, I was homesick a lot. But do you still play?" He asked, more invested in their conversation.

„It's a bit hard with University but I try to. There's a small club in Dos Hermanas where I play." You spoke with a blush on your cheeks.

„You should see her! No wonder Barça wanted to sign Y/n!" Aurora chimed in, making you even more embarrassed.

„Tell me when you play again, I'll come watch when I'm back in Sevilla." Gavi said sly, making your heart flutter.

Aurora watched your interaction with a smirk on her lips. She could tell Gavi was smitten by her friend just like Y/n was with him. She actually found it pretty funny, she almost hoped they would get along great. Maybe this would help Gavi during that difficult time, someone who really cared about her little brother.

It was dinner time so the three made their way downstairs to eat. One hour of talking turned into two, two into three. While you were holding your stomach because of laughter, Gavi forgot all his problems. He could just enjoy the time with his sister and Y/n and forget about his season ending injury or the media pressure.

At around 10:30 pm Aurora made her way to her room to rest, she had a headache from the long travel day. After saying goodbye, you and Gavi were left alone on the couch. You smiled sweetly at him, not really knowing what to say. Of course you liked him but you still just met him today.

„Would you like to go outside and talk? I don't want to disturb Aurora." Gavi asked, collecting two blankets to take outside.

„Yeah, l let's do that."

You walked behind him, taking the blankets out of his hands carefully to let him walk safely with his injured knee. As you sat down Gavi unfolded a blanket from your hand and draped it over your body.

„Thank you." You spoke quietly before he made himself comfortable as well.

You two were getting to know each other better, engaging in a simple conversation while looking at the city lights of Barcelona.

„Why haven't I met you before? You seem to get along great with my sister." Gavi turned his head to look at you, this time for longer, glancing at your features.

„We just met about a year ago at University during tutoring. We're both shit at math." You explained, laughing slightly at the memory.

„And ever since then we hit it off. I just was never around when you were back in Sevilla."

„A shame." Gavi snickered with a smirk plastered on his lips.

„A shame indeed." You replied, making you both laugh out loud. Both couldn't deny that you had an incredible connection. It certainly felt like you knew each other for more than just a day.

After giggling and laughing for some more time it got too cold to continue sitting outside. Yawning, you collected the blankets and opened the door for Gavi to step inside. He led you to your bedroom, showing you around before plopping down on the bed.

„Do you need anything else?"

„No that's enough, thank you." You answered, taking a seat next to him.

„Well, then have a good night and see you tomorrow." He stood up again, turning around. You stood up too, wishing him a good night before embracing him in a hug. His hands made their way around your waist, fingertips grazing your exposed skin which wasn't covered by crop top.

After letting go of you he smiled sweetly once more before closing the door behind him.

With a fluttering heart and wide grin you got under the covers and drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------

A/N: should I do several parts of this story?