14. coffee for two

Working as a physiotherapist was always Y/n's dream, but she never thought she would come so far.

Only 20 years old, Y/n already worked for one of the biggest football clubs in Europe, helping players to get to their best physical shape possible.

She loved her job, it was so versatile, not one day like the other. The Barça players made her laugh everyday and Xavi trusted her more than anyone else.

It was Tuesday morning. Usually a quiet morning with her going over players files and studying for her upcoming exam.

But suddenly a loud knock made her eyebrows twitch in confusion. Normally no one would be here until twelve.

„Come in!" Y/n chimed, fixing her glasses.

The door flew open, revealing the assistant coach Óscar with Gavi on his side. His face looked pale, he was hissing in pain.

„Hola Y/n, Gavi hurt himself in practice. Can you take a look at him quickly? And please tell us he's all good, we need him next Saturday." Óscar chuckled and patted Gavi on his shoulder as he left.

„What did you do again Gavi?" Y/n spoke slightly annoyed. Almost every week she had him in her office, and not because of physiotherapy, but because of small injuries he collected during practice.

He laughed, sitting down on the stretcher holding his right shoulder.

„Nice to see you too, Y/n. I'm doing great, thank you for asking!" Gavi replied ironically, making the girl laugh. She really liked him, he was polite, fun to talk to and easy to work with.

„Sorry, I'm just worried about you. You're here almost every three days with your carelessness." She said and gave him an empathetic smile.

„Are you worried about me?" Gavi asked cockily flashing her smile.

„Of course I am! I don't want to see you hurt."

His cheeks flushed and a warm feeling spread through his body. Since the day Y/n started her internship here, Gavi couldn't take his eyes off her.

Y/n was sweet, intelligent and good looking, so it was even harder for Gavi to not have a crush on her.

Pedri and Fermin were the only ones who knew about his little crush and made it clear to ask her out. Still, Gavi never had the courage to do so, he'd rather make flirtatious comments to see her reaction.

„Alright, now what did you do Gavira?"

„I went in for a header against Ronald, probably not the best idea. I went flying over his back and landed on my right shoulder. Now it hurts when i move it." He pouted, trying to move it.

„Okay, take off your shirt and I'll have a look at it."

Gavi tried to lift his shirt over his head but grimaced due to pain.

„Wait, let me help you." Y/n walked over to him, gently moving his shirt over his head.

She took a quick glance of his defined abdomen, her cheeks getting redder by time. Gavi noticed her checking him out but didn't say anything.

After examining Gavi for several minutes in silence, she looked back up, meeting his sweet gaze.

„You're lucky Pablo. Nothing ruptured or broken, just a big bruise. But you're done for training today. You need to rest a bit." Y/n explained, subconsciously tracing her fingertips along the forming bruise.

„Thank you Doctora. Do you know when I can move it more than a few centimeters again?"

„Probably in two days. You might need to come to me again before the game on Saturday, so I can tape you up." She spoke, helping him with his shirt.

After some more minutes of chatting together, Gavi left her office again, leaving her with a flustered smile plastered on her face.

Gavi watched the rest of the practice, waiting until Fermin would take him home.

Sitting in his car, Fermin turned his head towards his friend.

„You finally made a move? You look all lovey dovey." He laughed, earning a smack from his friend.

„I did not. She will tape me up again on Friday, but since I can't train tomorrow I'll bring her a coffee and maybe chat a bit." Gavi spoke.

„What a gentleman you are Gavira." Fermin laughed again, making Gavi rethink his plan.

„Isn't that a good idea?" He asked bewildered.

„No no I think it's nice. It shows her you're interested. If she doesn't get the hint by then... then I don't know if I can still help you two."

--------------

The next morning arose with a very motivated Gavi in front of her office, two coffees in his hands as he knocked before entering.

Like yesterday Y/n turned her head from her paperwork, smiling instantly as she saw Gavi walking in.

„Hey." He spoke softly, placing the coffee down.

„Hey Gavi." Y/n greeted.

„I thought I could bring you a coffee and keep you company for a while." Gavi said and sat down in front of her.

„That's very sweet of you, thank you."

They were immersed into light chatting but she still could feel the tension rising.

„I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime. Just the two of us. You know, a date." Gavi finally gained his courage to ask her out, one of his legs nervously bouncing up and down.

Y/n felt his nervousness and grabbed his hand for assurance.

„I would love to, yes. When should I be ready?" she asked, making him smile from ear to ear.

„Tomorrow at 7?"

„Yeah, works for me." Y/n said blushing.

Right in that moment Fermin came inside for his physiotherapy session, stopping in his tracks as he saw them together.

„Am I interrupting?" Fermin asked kindly as he exchanged glances with his friend.

„No no, I'm the one who interrupted the physios work." Gavi spoke as he earned a loud laugh from Y/n.

„Fermin you can already get seated, I'll be right with you."

Y/n walked Gavi to the door, facing him as he turned around. After a last glance, she stood onto her tiptoes and placed a sweet kiss on his cheek. Gavi immediately blushed and looked back into her eyes, before embracing her in a hug.

„See you tomorrow Y/n."

„Bye Pablo." She watched him before he disappeared around the corner.

„Did he finally do it?" Fermin asked from behind when Y/n turned around with a puzzled expression.

„Finally?" She asked slightly confused.

„Y/n... he wanted to ask you out since you've started your internship here." Fermin explained, laying onto the stretcher.

Y/n's heart filled with with happiness at Fermins words and got back to work. Maybe not as focused as before though...