16. her angry bird

Gavi and Y/n both didn't like big crowds, as they felt like being watched constantly. Them being a young, famous couple didn't help the situation. Y/n wasn't used to the attention she got, she and Gavi got together before he was a famous footballer. They became a couple at the ripe age of fifteen, not really expecting much and not knowing how serious their relationship would be a few years later.

Gavi tried to keep it private as much as he could, but still posted a picture of them together occasionally, wanting to show off his gorgeous girl once in a while.

They were currently walking to his car after Barça hosted a dinner for winning LaLiga. Clutching onto his hand tightly, Y/n stepped behind him closely, not wanting to leave a gap.

Fans were swarming the young couple, making it hard to walk towards the parked car. Every time Gavi was out with Y/n, he didn't like to sign jerseys or take pictures. He knew how stressed she was during that moment and just wanted to get his girlfriend into his car as quickly as possible.

It seemed like people found out where the players were eating. More and more fans gathered around them, shoving pens and paper into their faces, making it extremely hard to even take another step.
Security couldn't help much, they were overwhelmed with the situation themselves. Y/n's eyes grew wide in terror as she felt smaller and smaller by second. People shoved phones into her face, sticking pens out and just screaming nonsense at her.

Gavi usually tried to stay calm and not get involved. The last thing he would want were headlines in a gossip newspaper. This time though it became almost inevitable, seeing his girlfriend being screamed at and having pictures taken without her okay was driving him mad.

„Could you please step away from my girlfriend?" Gavi said with a slightly raised voice as he turned around, placing his second hand around her back, trying to get her out of this mess.

Some people stepped away a bit, seeing the girls terrified expression.

But then an elderly man pushed Y/n out of nowhere, completely ignoring her as her hand ripped from Gavis, trying to get the footballers attention. Y/N stumbled back, making Gavi turn his head immediately, searching for his girlfriend.

„Did you just push her?!" Gavi asked the man bewildered, getting more and more frustrated. The man just shook his head, acting all innocent even though he wasn't.

Gavi had enough and started to shove the people out of his way, trying to get closer to Y/N who was a few meters behind, immersed in a puddle of fans.

He grabbed her by her arms, pulling her towards him and walked in a quick pace to the car.

„Go away!" he urged the surrounding fans and opened the door swiftly for Y/n to get in.

Finally, after sitting in his audi too, the security somehow managed to get the crowd moving.

Y/n was still in shock, not really knowing what just happened. She looked over her shoulder to see Gavi moving his hand through his hair, letting out a huff before turning around too.

„Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" Gavi asked and held her hand in his.

„No, no I'm alright, just a bit overwhelmed. You?" Y/n answered, gripping his hand tightly.

„I'm fine. I'm so sorry bebé." He said again, looking at her with sad eyes.

„It's not your fault." She spoke quietly, giving Gavi assurance.

He smiled empathetically before driving home to their apartment.

During the ride home Y/n actually tried to hold back tears. She was so stressed the whole time, her body tensed up almost immediately. Gavi sensed her anxiety and moved his hand to her thigh, caressing it while softly apologizing over and over again.

Once inside the apartment, Y/n swiftly turned around with a quivering chin and let the pent up emotions out.

Tears spilled onto her cheeks, smudging her mascara slightly when Gavi embraced her in a soothing hug.

„Shh...I'm so sorry bebé. You're safe now. You're with me, okay?" He spoke softly, trying to get his girl to look at him. As she finally looked up at her boyfriend, he pressed a gentle kiss on her lips and rubbed her back.

„I'll never get used to this. I'm sorry Gavi but it's just so overwhelming." She sobbed, breaking Gavis heart once more.

„You don't have to, but I promise it won't be that bad again. The next time I'll protect you better." Gavi said, placing light kisses onto her tear-stained cheeks.

„You did the best you could, it wasn't your fault."

Gavi only let out a „Tssk" not completely agreeing. He could've done better, he could've protected her more.

Y/n felt his guilt eating him up so she kissed him, letting him see that it really wasn't his fault.

„Let's just calm down and watch a movie or something." Y/n hiccuped, earning a sweet chuckle from Gavi.

The couple forgot what happened, enjoying their time together and sharing a blanket to keep them warm.

Y/n absent mined opened Instagram, only to see paparazzi pictures from the events earlier. Even though it only brought up bad feelings, one particular picture made her giggle out loud.

Gavi looked up from her chest, a confused but curious expression plastered on his face.

„Qué?"

Y/n showed him a picture from him today. To see was Gavi's face, contorted in anger, tongue sticking out slightly and brows furrowed. His one hand clenched together while the other held hers firmly. Just like on the pitch, a true angry bird.

Gavi had to chuckle too, seeing himself so angry made him feel embarrassed sometimes.

„That picture describes you perfectly amor." Y/n said, ruffling his hair a bit.

„Hey! Though on the outside, soft on the inside. Only for you to see bebé." He answered with a cute smirk, kissing her lips lovingly. Y/n just smiled shyly, agreeing silently.

Hopefully Gavi will be forever her cute angry bird, Y/n thought.