28. Sister's best friend 7

The apartment was filled with loud music coming from your jbl box. Gavi already left a few hours ago, getting ready at his home to pick you up for dinner. You were standing in front of the closet, not really knowing what to wear for tonight.

Even though you knew the Gavira parents already, the thought of meeting them now under other circumstances made you nervous. They were always so nice to you when Aurora brought you home, so you expected it to be the same when you would arrive with Gavi. The only difference was that you were accompanying their son, not your best friend.

A car honked outside your driveway, signaling Gavi was already here to pick you up. You hopped down the stairs, locked the apartment and opened his car door to be met with a smiling Gavi.

„Hi." You greeted him, a grin just as wide as his on your face.

„Hey." He replied, then leaning in to place a soft kiss on your lips.

„You look cute." Gavi added, eyeing you quickly up and down.

You thanked him and he began to drive off to the restaurant where you would meet the others. Gavi parked right outside the location, told you to stay seated and jogged over to your side to open the car door for you. You just snarled, seeing him grin stupidly at you.

„Thank you." You said, intertwining his fingers with yours.

„Are you nervous?" Gavi asked. He probably sensed you were a bit anxious. You were picking at your nails.

„A bit. I mean I've known them for almost two years now, so it's a bit funny that I'm showing up with you now and not Aurora." Gavi squeezed your hand several times, trying to give you reassurance.

„Well, I'm happy you're here with me now." He mumbled under his breath, making you laugh.

„I'm happy too, silly. Just funny how it all happened."

He opened the door for you, still smiling at your words.

Gavis parents were already seated at a table alongside Aurora and Javi. Luckily there weren't many people, so Gavi didn't feel pressured or even watched. He didn't really like going outside with his closest family, Gavi wanted to keep things private.
Belen, Gavi and Auroras mother, got up first, embracing you in a tight hug with a wide smile.

„Y/n! So good to see you again!" She said before letting Gavis father greet you too.

„Hola Y/n, how are you doing?"

Both were so kind to you, making your nerves go away instantly. After greeting your best friend and Javi, both of you were seated at the table as well. Thankfully, his parents didn't bombard you with questions about your relationship from the beginning.

Dinner was going great, the food was delicious. Aurora and Javi talked about their trip to Belgium and you felt extremely lucky to be a part of this family. Gavi put your hands in his under the table, giving you a small peck on your temple before whispering something in your ear.

„You alright?"

You smiled sympathetically, giving him a few nods. Belen and Pablo saw your cute little interaction, smiling to themselves. They haven't seen their son so content, so relaxed in a long time.

It got late soon, so the family and you started to pack up and walk outside to their cars.

Aurora and Javi said their goodbyes, leaving you and Gavi with his parents.

Just when you said goodbye too, Belens head snapped up.

„I just have to ask, I hope you don't mind." She said, looking expectantly at you two. You giggled loudly, your head falling back. Gavi seemed to be a bit uncomfortable but understood the parents curiosity.