23. Sister's best friend 2

Gavi woke up first, the house quiet as usual. It wasn't long until he realized he had guests sleeping on the other side of the wall. For the first time in weeks he had woken up in a good mood, thinking abut his sister and you. Downstairs he made breakfast, humming along to the speaker playing Coldplay.

It was a fairly cold November morning in Barcelona which made Gavi realize his T-shirt wasn't enough to keep him warm. Walking the stairs up slowly and controlled, he finally reached his room and was about to grab a sweater, when the door of the guest bedroom opened.

Still a bit sleepy, but with already brushed teeth, you looked at Gavi who immediately smiled when he saw you.

„Good morning." He spoke right above a whisper, trying to not wake his sleeping sister.

„Good morning." You replied, flashing him a smile.

„I made breakfast in case you're hungry."

You just gave him an approving nod and went downstairs to grab the two plates and head outside. Gavi followed you shortly after.

„What are your plans for today?" He asked you while eating the scrambled eggs he made.

„Aurora wanted to show me the city and then get our nails done. Want to join?" You asked with a grin, the egg falling off your fork.

„Come with you to get my nails done? I think I'm good. I'll ask Fermin if he wants to stop by." He answered you.

„We wont be gone for too long. We could do something together in the afternoon if you want?" You proposed, making him smile once again.

„Yeah let's do that, I have recovery soon anyway."

In the meantime Aurora made her way into the kitchen, catching Gavi laughing at something you said. She had to smile at the interaction, liking the idea of you two together even more. Silently, she tiptoed over to her phone, sending Gavi your number. She knew her little brother would take his sweet time to make a move so she played the wingman, doing both of you a favor.

Pablo😡

xxx xxx xxx xx

Y/n's number;)

...just in case...

Thankfully his phone was inside too so she didn't get caught directly.

„Good morning!" She chimed as she opened the door, making both smile at the older sister.

She sat down too, discussing the plans for the day until all knew what the plan was.

The girls got ready while Gavi already left for a recovery session at the facilities. In his car, he opened WhatsApp, seeing Auroras message. His eyes went wide when he saw the phone number across the screen. Was it so easy to read him?

Even though he was slightly embarrassed that his sister knew he liked you, he added the number to his contacts.

„I haven't seen Pablo so relaxed in a long time. I think he really likes you." Aurora spoke, curling her lashes. You stopped in your tracks, your cheeks getting red immediately.

„Yeah it doesn't feel like I only know him for a day. He's really nice." You answered, trying to sound neutral.

Aurora only glared at you, making it obvious she could see right through you.

„What?! He's your brother!" You said, defending yourself to not offend her.

„And? I don't care. I'm not like protective brothers who wont let their sister date their friends."

You almost spat out the water you just drank.

„I appreciate that I have your blessing but I'm not trying to date your brother." You spoke, even though it did not sound very convincing.

„Sure. Tell me that when we go back home."

A grin spread across your face but you didn't dare to look up. You knew exactly Aurora was already looking at you.

Your trip to the city and nail salon went by pretty fast and you already found yourself back at Gavis house, playing a card game on the coffee table.

„That game is stupid." the older sister huffed, dropping the cards onto the fluffy carpet in defeat.

„Just because you lost again doesn't mean the game is stupid." Gavi argued, making you laugh and nod in agreement.

Just when Aurora was about to argue again, her phone lit up with a new message. Quickly reading it, she raised her eyebrows and a gasp left her lips.

You and Gavi only looked at her questionably before she continued talking.

„Carlotta saw my story on Insta and asked if I wanted to grab a drink tonight. I haven't seen her in ages!" She spoke excitedly, making both of you smile softly.

„Go!" Gavi said, seeing how happy it made Aurora to read this message.

„Are you sure? I can meet her another time. You know, I'm here to visit you Pablo." She answered cautiously, only to see both shaking their heads at her.

„No no. You haven't seen her in years. I have company, don't worry." Gavi nudged your shoulder slightly, making you look at him. Aurora shifted her gaze to you, asking silently if you were okay with that too.

„I don't mind. I'll make him do his recovery exercises so he'll be faster on the pitch." You winked.

Aurora stood up, sending you two a grateful smile before she quickly got ready and headed out.

As the door locked behind her, Gavi turned around raising one eyebrow at you.

„You're gonna make me do my exercises?" He asked with a laugh which you gladly returned.

„If that means I'll see you play sooner, then yes."

He just shook his head slightly and sat on the couch, stabilizing his injured knee with several pillows.

Looking at the clock, he glanced back up at you.

„Would you like to watch a movie?"

„Sure"

You sat next to him cross-legged while he had his injured leg outstretched, the other planted on the floor.

Before he started a random movie you grabbed the blanket and two glasses of water. Gavi held up the blanket to help you climb under it. You were so close to him now that you could've easily rest your head onto his shoulder.

„Are you comfortable?" He asked, looking down with a smile. Seeing you all cozy and wrapped in his blanket made him feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside.

„Very." You replied, looking into his pretty brown eyes. Your eyes went back to the big screen in front of you, trying to distract yourself from the handsome and caring boy beside you.

A while into the movie, Gavi shifted around a bit, side eyeing you to make sure you were alright. He draped his left arm slowly over you and rested it on your side. Gavi waited a few seconds, trying to see how you would react. When you felt his arm around you, pulling you closer, you automatically leaned into him, your head now on his shoulder. He grinned happily to himself as he saw how relaxed you were against him.

Hours passed and the two of you were still in the same position, this time fast asleep in each others embrace.

Aurora came back home at around 2 am after an amusing night with Carlotta. She opened the front door as quietly as she could, only to see his little brother and best friend cuddled up on the couch, passed out. After admiring them quickly, she went upstairs to bed, leaving them alone to sleep peacefully.