7. Massage

Gavi came home absolutely exhausted. It was a week before el clásico, so Xavi didn't give his players any rest. After an already intense practice, the coach announced a spontaneous meeting where they would discuss their tactics for the game.

What Gavi didn't know was, that this meeting would take about two-and-a-half hours before he finally sat in his car to head home. A sight left his lips as he looked at the time. 8:17pm. His girlfriend was probably already done with dinner and left him a plate to eat.

Y/n sat on the couch with her glasses on, trying to do some homework for the next day as he heard the keys jingle, indicating Gavi was home.

He stumbled into their shared apartment, holding his phone and keys in one hand, while the other held his backpack. His eyes were half closed already and his hair was all over the place. After finally looking up, his eyes met his girlfriends. She smiled softly at him when she saw the worn out boy standing in front of her.

"You look like you need a hug." She chuckled, and walked over to him.

Gavi only half smiled, but put his strong hands around her shoulders. She knew how exhausted he must've been, so she let him hug her as long as he wanted to.

"I've missed you." He muffled and placed a soft peck onto her neck.

"I've missed you too Pablito." She spoke, holding his cheeks to give him a proper kiss.

"I already ate, but I can warm it up for you, if you want." She spoke again, taking the backpack from his hands to put it away.

He just nodded sleepily, stumbling towards the kitchen.

Y/n came back and prepared his food when Gavi whined in pain while he sat down.

"Ow!" he growled, putting a hand on his back.

"Does your back still hurt?" His girlfriend asked as she walked over to him, stroking his back softly.

"Mhm, I couldn't rest that much lately, so I guess the pain came back." He replied, leaning into her touch.

His back was giving him problems for a while now. During a game, he got a blow from a player onto his lower back muscle and since then it hurt. Over time it got better, but when Gavi played a lot and couldn't rest properly, the pain came back. The physiotherapists at Barça said nothing could happen if he played through the pain, but it limited his ability to play at 100%.

"How about I'll give you a massage after you ate? It helped the last time."

"Yeah that would be nice, thank you amor." He answered and gave her a soft kiss to which she blushed in response.

He ate in silence, watching some videos on his phone while Y/n got everything ready.

Gavi walked upstairs, the face distorted in pain at every step, until he reached the bedroom.

Y/n patted the bed, indicating for Gavi to lie down. With a plop, he was face down on the bed, eyes already closed.

"Baby if you want me to massage you, you have to take your shirt off." She laughed at her boyfriends silliness.

He was quiet for a second until he spoke.

"You could've just told me if you wanted to see my abs." He replied cockily as a joke to tease her.

Y/n just shook her head, but secretly liked the view when Gavi stood in front of her shirtless. Still with that cocky grin on his face he came closer, looking down at her.

"You like what you see, don't you?" He stepped even closer, only inches apart from each others faces.

"I'm trying to be all cute and helpful for you and you make me nervous over here. Stop it." She replied only above a whisper.

He laughed out loud before pressing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"You are cute and helpful, but I love to see you all shy and blushing because of me."

Finally laying on his stomach, Y/n swung her legs on either side of Gavi, sitting on his butt.

"It's going to be cold for a sec, sorry." She already warned him before she placed the cream onto his lower back. He shrieked at the coldness but relaxed shortly after.

Pressing her thumb into his skin, she made slow but strong movements, trying to ease the tension out of his body. He sighed in relaxation, sometimes giving his girlfriend an appreciative smile or comment, like "Oh that's nice" or "Keep doing that, it feels amazing".

She now wandered from his back to his shoulders and neck, giving his other muscles also a squeeze. She enjoyed letting her hands wander over his broad shoulders and loved to see her boy relaxed, as his body was often in constant pain or exhaustion.

It's been about an hour when Y/n stopped as her hands started to hurt. She hasn't heard much from Gavi, so she gently got off him, only to see him sleeping.

His eyes were closed and his lips slightly parted as soft breaths left them. She pressed a sweet kiss on his cheeks, before placing the duvet over him to let him have his well deserved rest.