30. different taste in music, same taste in love

It was a Saturday night, 11pm to be exact, and you sat in front of your mirror getting ready to go out.

Gavi and his team won an important game today and decided to celebrate the win with a night out. This time, they decided on a newly opened club in Barcelona, so merely the younger players joined in going.

You were currently fixing your hair, your boyfriend and Fermin waiting downstairs for you to finish. The JBL box blasted mainly spanish songs, but after you looked up tonight's program of the club, you came across techno.

You played the first techno song that came up, needing some seconds to tell if you liked it or not. Eventually you got used to the sudden change from reggaeton to techno and bobbed your head to the strong, electronic beat. As you were applying mascara, Gavi poked his head through your door, his eyebrows furrowed.

He was slightly confused as to why electronic sounds blasted at full volume through your apartment instead of Bad Bunny.

You caught his funny expression through the mirror and turned around with a grin.

„Good eh?" You spoke, hoping he liked the song just as much as you did. You might've found a new genre of music to listen to.

„You think that's good hermosa?" Gavi said, his brows still scrunched up in confusion.

„Something's appealing about it, don't you think?" You replied, asking yourself why you liked the music.

„That's usually the music you would listen to if you're drunk." He said with a giggle and sat down on your bed.

„Then get ready to get drunk Pablito. On the club's website it says tonight they will play techno. I just wanted to get into the mood." You stood up, finished with your make up and walked over to your boyfriend. After kissing him sweetly, you took his hand and led him downstairs to get going.

Fermin greeted you in a friendly hug, then all of you walked over to the uber he ordered.

„Did you hear the music Y/n was listening to?" Gavi asked his friend to which he only nodded his head.

„Not bad right?" You asked from the backseat, hoping at least Fermin would agree.

„I liked it." Fermin shrugged and Gavi only huffed.

„It sounded like cancer for your ears."

You gasped at your boyfriends answer, hitting his shoulder lightly. Fermin laughed at his friends comment, making Gavi grin even more.

When the three of you arrived, you were met with techno blasting through the room. The rest of the friend group were seated in a private booth rented for tonight to have a bit more privacy.

Gavi led the way, never letting go of your hand as you've made your way through the crowd. Luckily it was dark so not many people recognized the barça players.

After having a few drinks and starting to let loose, Gavi seemed to have come to terms with the music choice. You sat next to him, a hand of his always around your waist while you talked to a friend of yours. His head swayed to the music, his hand patted your side to the rhythm.

„Finally accepted the music Pablito?" You teasingly asked, happy to see your boyfriend enjoyed himself too.

„Not as bad as I thought. Maybe it's the drinks though." He replied, sending you one of his signature smirks.

What you didn't tell Gavi, the DJ would change genres throughout the night. Now, at around two in the morning, the DJ switched from techno to reggaeton. As he did the switch, Gavi looked at you with an already knowing face.

„You knew didn't you?" He whispered in your ear, poking your sides.

„Maybe" You said, acting innocent as you took a sip from your drink.

Just as you were about to tell him something, Real G from Bad Gyal and Quevedo started playing. One of your favorite songs at the moment. (A/n: listen to it!!!)

Gavi knew you all too well, already laughing at how your eyes widened as you heard the first tones of the song.

„Let's go dance." He stood up, grabbed your hand and led you to the dance floor. You knew he wasn't really a dancer, the video with Anitta in the USA proved it once again. Thats why it made you even happier he was the one who offered to dance. You weren't the best dancer yourself, but still wanted to sway your hips a bit. Maybe it was the alcohol in your system, maybe it was Gavi's presence but you couldn't stop smiling.

You two danced like idiots, probably looking stupid with your moves, but you couldn't care less. You were here with the person you loved the most, dancing until the sun came up again.

---------

Gavi was still sleeping peacefully next to you, face mushed into the pillow. You grabbed your phone and were immediately met with 20+ messages from the „barça wags" chat you were a part of.

There were silly videos and pictures from yesterday night, but two videos especially caught your eye.

The first one was a video to „Real G", Gavi and you jumping around stupidly. In the middle of the clip Gavi said something funny to which you burst out in laughter.

You reacted with a giggle, waking up Gavi next to you.

„What's so funny amor?" He groaned sleepily, pulling you closer to him.

You kissed him awake, then showing him the video from yesterday.

The second video was to a slower song, your arms were draped over Gavi's neck, his arms secured around your waist. You two swayed from side to side to the slow music, foreheads pressed against each other.

Your heart swelled at the sight.

Gavi had a little smile on his face, then pressing a quick kiss on top of your head.

„If techno was playing, we wouldn't have such a sweet video now." He took your phone from your hands, only to pull the bedsheets over your bodies once more.