26. Sister's best friend 5

Birds chirping woke you up, making you rub your eyes in annoyance. It was already eleven o'clock but you were still tired from yesterday.

Gavi wouldn't be home until about two o'clock, he had a recovery session and a media appointment.

You and Aurora went out for lunch one last time and enjoyed the time together. At around four o'clock you guys ubered back home, greeting a tired looking Gavi on the couch.

„I'm having a small party for the team here tonight, hope you're fine with that." He spoke, his phone placed now on his chest.

After agreeing and talking some more (maybe also stealing a kiss or two when Aurora was distracted) you decided to go shower and get ready for tonight.

Aurora helped you on deciding an outfit and straightened your hair for you. You did the same with her hair and enjoyed gossiping about random people from university.

Caught up with talking, you didn't even realize the first guests arrived. When you walked downstairs, Gavi almost forgot to greet his friends as he saw you. You looked simply gorgeous.

More and more players started to arrive with their girlfriends or fiancés, and made themselves a home on Gavis couch.

You were next to Gavis side for the first hour or so, immersed in stories from his friends. Aurora seemed to talk with Ella somewhere outside.

As more people started to arrive, you grew a bit more insecure. It made you nervous seeing all these famous people looking at you and Gavi, wondering what you two were. You didn't even know it yourself.

You headed outside for a moment, sitting down on a lounge chair to gather your thoughts. As you were thinking about the last couple of days, a small smile crept upon your face. You could hear the faint music inside, playing some kind of spanish music and people laughing. The November breeze hit your face, making you close your eyes.

The door creaked open, revealing a calm looking Gavi. He held two drinks in his hands, one probably for you.

„Looking for someone?" You teased but silently hoped he came outside for you.

„Already found her." He spoke, keeping up with the joke. Gavi sat down and gave you the other drink.

„I haven't really seen you all night. Are you alright?" He asked, this time a bit more hesitant.

Gavi was kind of right, you were avoiding him. The whole situation was just messing with your head. You really liked him and Gavi seemed to do too, but the circumstances made it so hard to believe a relationship would work.

„I'm alright. Just sad that I have to leave tomorrow." You replied sincerely after thinking about what to say.

„You sure? It seems like you're avoiding me." Gavi spoke again, this time rather reserved. As he saw how you turning away from his gaze, he knew you did actually avoid him.

He softly placed a finger under your chin, making you turn your head towards him. A guilty feeling washed over you. You let him stumble in the dark tonight, making him feel like he did something wrong.

„Did I do something wrong?" Gavis question only proved your assumption right.

Your eyes finally met his.

„No of course not. I've just been thinking a lot lately." You assured him, trying to give him a hint about what exactly you were thinking. Him.

„You can tell me." Gavis hand wandered from your chin to your back, slightly caressing your skin.

He was so gentle, so understanding, he deserved nothing more than to know the truth.