17. University

Gavi was currently holding his head in his hands, not understanding one bit the professor talked about in his lecture. Even though Gavi was a professional athlete, he didn't want to neglect university. He balanced it pretty well actually, but with his stuffed schedule with Barça at the moment, he had barely time to go to class. Catching up at home worked for some time, until the topics became so difficult that he didn't get the hang of it anymore.

„You look a bit stressed. Can I help you with something?" Gavis eyes met the ones of Y/n, a smart girl who went to the same classes as him. They knew each other but never really hung out. It was actually hard for Gavi to find people to tag along. Either they threw themselves at him, trying to get attention, or they ignored him, not wanting to give him special treatment because he was a young famous footballer.

Y/n was more on the shy side, not having too many friends at university, especially not in her course. Gavi liked her from the beginning. Y/n was smart, quiet and did her own thing, using the time there to actually learn something. She knew who he was, how couldn't she, but never made a big fuss out of it. He seemed friendly and calm, quite the opposite of what she saw when she watched his games.

Gavi smiled friendly at her, a bit surprised she came up to his desk.

„If you could tell me what you've did the last few times, that would be nice. I've just been missing a lot recently and have a hard time catching up now." He said, his gaze now back on his empty sheet of paper.

„Sure, no problem. I saw you struggling a bit from my desk so I thought I might check up on you." Y/n said calmly, taking a seat next to him.

Gavi just chuckled, getting a bit more reserved now. He usually didn't ask for help and it made him even more nervous when she was the one who helped him. Surely, he found Y/n attractive, not only her looks but also her easy-going and reserved personality made it hard for him to not get nervous.

They sat there together for about twenty minutes, Y/n explaining carefully which topics they've discussed these last few weeks. The two were packing up their things until Gavi spoke again.

„Thank you for helping me, maybe somehow I get the hang of it at home." He snickered, earning a small laugh from Y/n.

„No problem. If you have any questions you can just ask me. We could also study together sometime if you want." Y/n offered, flashing a cute smile at the end.

„Yes, that would be nice. Can I have your number? So it's easier to meet up." Gavi asked the girl a bit hesitantly, his face flushing with heat. Why was he so nervous to ask for her number?

Y/n smiled at his words, mumbling a quick „Mhm" before typing her number into his contacts. The thought of studying with Gavi made her all giddy, as she never really made new friends on her own.

A few days later, Y/n just plopped down onto her couch snacking on some chips when she got a text message from Gavi. She hadn't seen him since the day at uni, as he was currently in Hamburg for a Champions League game.

„hey Y/n, it's Gavi. Do you wanna come over next week? I'm so behind school and would need a bit of help:(„

Y/n's heartbeat fastened when she read his text and a slight blush was now resting on her cheeks.

Quickly she typed back.

„Sure:) just text me when you have time."

The two of them decided to meet up at Gavis on Friday. He had a rest day then and Y/n hadn't much going on anyway. With a blanket draped over her, she decided to watch Barças game against Shakhtar, only to fuel the giddy feeling in her belly more every time the number six appeared on the screen.