34. sant jordi

Exhausted, placed your school bag onto the floor in the hallway, walking towards the darkly lit living room. Just as you sat down, your phone buzzed and Pablo appeared on the screen.

With an immediate smile, you pressed the green button.

„Hello my love." He chimed, already laying in bed with his hood up.

„Hey amor." You tiredly answered, now also kicking your feet upon the couch.

„How was your day?"

„Exhausting but I wrote my last exam today." A feeling of relief washed over your body when you realized you'd have now two weeks of relaxation, without having to do any schoolwork. But this feeling of relief was washed away quickly. Being in another country, several hours away from your boyfriend was hard. Especially if you had now so much free time, you would love to spend it with Pablo.

„I'm proud of you. Any plans for the upcoming days?" Your boyfriend asked while playing with his hair.

„Not much. I wish I could spend them with you, I miss you." You pouted, feeling sad for only seeing him through the screen.

„Fly to Barcelona. I'm having a few days off and I wanna see my gorgeous girl again."

That's how you ended up on a plane on a Tuesday, flying two hours to visit your long distance boyfriend for the next week.

The reunion was more than sweet. Pablo surprised you with flowers as he waited in his Audi for you. You two were together for over four months, but still kept the relationship from the public. You wouldn't actively keep it a secret, but also didn't want to show everyone you two were together. After all, Pablo was Spain's teenage heartthrob.

He drove to his house first, giving you time to freshen up and put down your luggage. As it was the 23rd of April, also known as Diada se Sant Jordi, a Catalan holiday, the city was decorated in red roses and Catalan flags.

As you two strolled aimlessly around a more quiet part of the city, Pablo never let go of your hand. To be not recognized as often, he wore his sunglasses and a cap, looking as handsome as ever.

The touch of his hand made you blush and the smile never left your face.

Suddenly, Pablo wandered towards a little shop at the end of the street. It was so small you wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for your boyfriend. Outside, there was a shelf filled with second-hand books and roses. Like the tradition says, Pablo grabbed a book with the most romantic title and went inside to pay. He stood in front of you, his signature smile plastered across his face as he gave you the book and the red rose.

„Feliz dia de Sant Jordi mi amor." You couldn't help but blush, your face turning red from the charm of your boyfriend.

„Muchas gracias Pablito." You mused and stepped closer to press a gentle but yet passionate kiss onto his lips. After you two enjoyed a fun day in Barcelona, you headed back home to cook dinner and have a relaxing night together.

During cooking and occasionally dancing to the music playing in the background, your phone started buzzing almost every two seconds. At first you dismissed it, thinking it was your friend filling you in on one of her hookup stories, but even Pablo turned his head confused after the ringing wouldn't stop.

„Don't you think it's important? It won't stop." He asked with furrowed eyebrows, just as confused as you were. Your phone screen was flooded with people you barely knew asking about Gavi. Gavi here Gavi there, things like „you're really together?" or „could you ask him to sign something for me?"

It was so confusing until one of your family members told you to check Pablo's instagram.

You opened the app, seeing your boyfriend posted a story. Clicking onto it, you saw a picture of you, holding the rose and book in your hands. Written was next to it „Feliz dia de sant jordi mi amor💞".