quatre

Cameron

I was still trying to figure out why I reacted so harshly yesterday.

I mean, I've been wanting to kiss Calum since I met him. His lips are just so.. nice. I mean, obviously this wasn't the first time I'd kissed him, but it was different this time. 

I pulled on my vans and went to school. Almost as if routine I found him leaned against his car, tapping his phone on his thigh and looking around nervously.

Maybe I was mad because I knew it didn't mean anything to him.

It was in the moment.

Calum just fucks anything that has a pulse.

I have a pulse.

Therefore,

Meaningless.

"Hi." I sighed, rubbing my hands on my jeans. My palms were sweaty, shut up.

"Hi." He whispered, staring down at me. There was a long pause. I was avoiding eye contact with him. I knew I should talk to him about it, but I'm scared it'll hurt.

I mean, I'm a G and all, but heartbreak scares me.

Doesn't it scare everyone?

"We should get to class." I whispered. He nodded and followed me up to the building.

"C-Squared! Nice kicks!" One of Calum teammates exclaimed. I sent him a grateful nod as he high-fived Calum.

We went on in silence.

Maybe it's too awkward.

Maybe its something else.

But, I can't bring myself to talk about it.

I might kiss him this time and ruin everything. Again.

"Cam, I'm really sorry." He said once we were seated.
"Cal, you don't have to talk about it." I whispered.
"But I do. I need you to know I'm sorry for putting you in that position." He sighed.
"Maybe I liked the position." I shrugged, playing with the strap on my backpack. I didn't take it off my back yet.
"No you didn't. You got angry. Cam, I know you. When you get angry, it's serious."
"Maybe shit changes?"
"Cameron."
"Calum."
"Goodmorning class!" Miss Briggs interuped.

What a bitch.

"I'm not upset that you did it." I whispered, keeping my eyes focused on her.
"You don't have to lie to make me feel better." He whispered back.
"When have I ever lied to you?" I looked at him. He sighed, chewing at his bottom lip while staring at me.

I want to kiss him again.

I sighed and looked away.

Oh what a mess we're in.

=

Things weren't so awkward by lunch, I couldn't get close to him without wanting to die.

We walked through the halls in step, galaxy shoes flashing broadly.

I almost tripped spinning around when I felt someone grab my ass. My eyes fell on Luke.

"What the fuck, Hemmings?!"
"Wow, you packed more into those jeans than I thought." He chuckled.
"What did you just say?" Calum asked, stepping in front of me. I couldn't see his face but I knew he looked furious.
"Ya girls got cake." Luke smirked, winking at me. Calum grabbed his collar and shoved him against the locker. I watched with wide eyes.
"You mad 'cause I could get it faster?" Luke was playing the most dangerous game alive.
"Don't fucking talk about her like that," He spat, "And don't touch her again!"

I think it's taking me to long to react.

"Cal, come on." I grabbed at his arm and tugged, "It's doesn't matter anymore. C'mon, people are staring." I whispered. He sent one more death glare to Luke before stepping away.

We were so close to getting away until Luke whistled and told me to call him. He ended up on the floor with a bloody nose.

Okay, I know it's wrong but lets talk about how hot Calum's biceps were when he decked him.

I was able to yank him away by his hand and force him to sit at a lunch table. He looked so pissed. His jaw was clenched, his hands were balled into fists.
"Thanks for standing up for me," I whispered, "Is your hand okay?" I grabbed it. It was massive in my little hands. There was going to be slight bruising but he was fine. "Cal, please say something." I sighed, looking at him. He remained silent, staring at the table. I lifted my hand, brushing hair from his forehead.
"I should kill him."
"No." I shook my head, "You should stay here with me and eat."
"I'm not hungry."
"Calum." He looked at me, his face softening.
"I'm sorry Cam, it's just.."
"He's a pig, Calum. We've known this."
"He doesn't have the right to touch you like that."
"It's fine. You broke his nose. Please eat." I begged. He sighed and nodded.
"Alright, come with me." He stood up and I followed him to the lunch line. "Are you okay?"
"I'm not the one who just broke a kids face."
"Yeah, but you just got sexually harassed. Are you okay?"
"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for caring." I grabbed a fruit cup and put it on my tray.
"You're my baby, Cam. I'll always care."
"And here I was, thinkin' you'd gotten to tough for me." I joked, following him back to the table.
"Naah." He laughed. "I just gotta make sure you're safe." He smiled.

My eyes rolled while he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

This boy.

=

tRASH