quarante et un

no one knew how long it had been. no one knew cameron was sitting right next to ashton, passed out while he twirled the ends of her hair. there were many secrets hidden in this room, the tabs, the needles strewn every where, the drunken kiss the two shared hours ago, and the bottle of vodka between the two or the pipes hidden in the arms of the couch.

"cam.." he whispered, running his finger down her face, tracing her jaw, "time to wake up kid. we gotta eat."

but she didnt move. he didnt even think she was breathing. panic set in. it was as if he sobered up in two breaths.

"cam?" his voice cracked. he held a shaky finger under her nose, hoping she would breathe. when he felt nothing, his eyes filled with tears and he moved to feel a pulse on her neck.

nothing. he felt sick, his hands trembled and breath quavered.

"cameron!" he exclaimed, pulling away and shaking her shoulders. "wake up!" he was crying now, shaking the lifeless girls body. it felt like minutes, but it had been an hour that he sat there, holding her hand and crying. finally, he pulled out his phone and called 911, waiting for the sound of sirens.

+

"CAMERON!" calums shattering voice echoed through the halls, his hands shaking the cold girls body furiously. why wont she wake up? she needs to wake up! he thought, feeling sick to his stomach.

"calum you need to stop!" corrynn tried pulling him away, tears streaming down her face. luke watched with sad wide eyes dashing from corrynn and calum, to camerons pale body. she wouldnt move on her own, her skin was paler than the moon and her lips were going purple. the steady beeping that once rang on the heart monitor was slowing by the minute.

calum was crying so hard and his voice was blown out.

when ashton arrived at his door, explaining softly what happened while he squeezed his fedora in his fingers tight, calum didnt breathe for a solid 4 minutes. ashtons lips were crusted and tinted purple and there were track marks slithered up his arm. calum knew what had the moment he opened the door, and it only took seconds for him to wind up on top of ashton with his fists pounding his face in while he screamed. luke had to pull him off and hold his face while he tried to understand what he was saying through the snot and tears.

"calum please!" corrynn sobbed, tugging one final time before she lost her grip and fell to the ground, eventually curling into a ball, letting out broken sobs that added to the noise in the room. the monitors, calum screaming, the doctors finally rushing in as the monitor broke into a flatline. security was forced to pull calum off and drag him out of the room. he kicked and screamed, his face red, voice hoarse. his nose and mouth was covered in snot. he was so broken. he looked like a little boy who had thrown a tantrum in the middle of the store because he spilled his chocolate milk and wasnt allowed to get another one. only this was worse, it broke your heart watching him cling to the door frame to prevent security from taking him away from his love.

it was as if time was slowly, and the world was turning upside down. the bodies seemed to multiply in calums eyes, and the walls were closing in. its like he was screaming but no one was hearing him. he watched his bestfriend, his lover, die under his fingertips. he wanted to die too. he didnt want to face the world without her. he couldnt.

luke picked corrynn up and held her in his arms as he sat in a chair, she sobbed into him, balling his shirt up in her fists.

he felt his throat tighten to the point where he was wheezing and holding his chest. ashton walked down the hall with swollen cheeks and bruises painting his face, he looked at calum and started crying because this was his fault, he was the one who let her take the drugs, he was the one who took them with her. why couldnt it have been him instead? calum couldnt help but think such awful things about the boy.

"calum." he whispered, calum didnt move, so ashton stepped towards him, "calum." he repeated, barely any louder.

"shes dead."

==

thIS was THE WROST THING EVER I HATE IT I WNT TO DIE WHY DID I WRITE THIS

ok tbh while i was writing this i thought about if it was rynn dying and im calum and my chest hurts sososos much

anyways

dont do drugs kids, dont put your bestfriend, your lover, parents, grandparents, anyone youre close to in this position. i cannot imagine sitting here watching someone i love so dearly in a bed with a bunch of IVS stabbed into they skin because they OD'd

dont do tht to yourself either

also srry it takes me a million yeaRS TO UPDATE LMAOAOOOAOAOAO

ok bye ily thx for reading