Chapter 8: I Can't Do This Job

Cen Huai'an's eyes widened; the grievance in his heart was gone. There was an indescribable feeling, like when he ate candy—sweet and delightful.

"Didn't Hei Gouzi's mother come to see me today? Did I fight with her?"

Cen Huai'an shook his head.

"Then did I suffer a loss? No, not at all. In fact, I even let Hei Gouzi's mother bear the brunt of everyone's accusations. Of course, it's because she was unreasonable, and she had offended too many people in the past. So, other people spoke up for me. Another important reason is that because of your father's influence, the factory will definitely be on our side."

Cen Huai'an furrowed his small eyebrows, carefully recalling Chu Xia's words and her performance when facing everyone just now.

"You want me to fake cry?

Chu Xia smiled wryly, "Is that all you can see? It's not faking, it's making the most of your strengths. I'm weak and can't beat Hei Gouzi's mother otherwise I'll be shocked by her direct hit. So sometimes, showing weakness doesn't mean you're truly weak and at a disadvantage. It's about achieving your goals through that display of weakness. Using your advantage strategically is also a concept. Just like when you fight with Hei Gouzi, if you can really suppress him, he will not dare to provoke you again in the future, or even make him want to follow you, then go ahead and fight. But if you can't force him with physical strength, you need to think about other ways to achieve your goals."

Chu Xia explained the reasoning behind each word to Cen Huai'an. She doesn't want her son to be someone who only relies on brute force.

Although the books said that he was an extraordinarily cunning antagonist, capable of calculating people's hearts.

But that was something he learned through countless deceptions and by crawling step by step in the mud.

Now that she was his mother, he didn't need to go through all that suffering to learn these lessons.

She wouldn't teach him to harm others, but she would teach him how to protect himself from being harmed by others.

Cen Huai'an fell into deep thought.

Perhaps some of the things Chu Xia was saying now were beyond his current understanding, but it didn't matter. When he grows up and reads more, these things will be useful to him.

"Alright, take your time to think. Take off your clothes, and I'll wash them for you. Go brush your teeth, wash your face, and go to bed."

Cen Huai'an stiffened as he looked at his dirty, torn clothes, which were covered in dirt from the fight. The ridges were torn in some places.

He felt a pang of guilt and kept touching the torn area with his hands, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Mom, I shouldn't have fought."

Chu Xia's hand, reaching for the aluminum kettle, paused. Her pupils trembled, and a shocked expression crossed her face.

Cen Huai'an actually called her mom?

She sighed in her heart. Is this what it feels like to become a mother? She suddenly felt like she was carrying a heavy burden and was forced to carry it.

But since she had been given a second chance at life, she had to do what she could. Chu Xia quickly adjusted her mindset. Isn't it just being called mom? Painless motherhood—who doesn't know how many people's dream that is.

The water in the aluminum kettle was at the right temperature for washing her face. She waved to Cen Huai'an and said, "Since you've already fought, what's there to say about 'should' or 'shouldn't'? Hei Gouzi's mouth indeed deserved a beating."