Chapter 123: Admission Notice

Cen Huai'an turned his head; he was a contestant from Country E.

He nodded, agreeing with the contestant, and then said in English, "My country is beautiful too."

The E country contestant said, "I know, my grandfather told me he had been to China before."

The E country contestant spoke proudly of his grandfather, who was a scientist and had been to China for an aid project.

"Unfortunately, the project was not completed later."

Cen Huai'an had studied history, understanding what the E country contestant meant by aid and why it wasn't completed. He said, "The past has become history."

Regrets may exist, but in the face of the nation, these things are bound to happen.

The E country contestant leaned his arms on the railing, talking to Cen Huai'an about this year's IMO exam, "I've seen you before. You participated in the IMO competition last year and got a perfect score."

Cen Huai'an didn't find it surprising; there were recordings of that competition, and it was normal for other contestants to see it. He nodded. 

"You're very talented, but I'm not bad either! This year, we will be the first!"

Cen Huai'an looked at him calmly, without any fluctuation in his expression. "Wish you good luck."

"Don't you want your country to be the first again?"

The E country contestant was surprised by Cen Huai'an's calmness. Cen Huai'an turned and walked back, saying, "That's why I'm going back to do some more problems."

Cen Huai'an had no intention of conceding the first place. This year, Hang Ling was still leading the team, and he would not allow Chinese contestants to perform worse than before.

The results of this IMO were more impressive than last year; all six contestants from China achieved a perfect score.

On the day of the award ceremony, the E country contestant, not knowing who he swapped places with, sat beside Cen Huai'an. Upon hearing the results, he looked at Cen Huai'an and his team in shock, saying, "You guys are amazing!"

At this moment, a smile finally appeared in Cen Huai'an's eyes, and he replied without modesty, "China has always been outstanding." 

After saying this, he stood up and went on stage with his teammates to receive the award.

As expected, China also secured the first place in the overall score of IMO, winning the competition.

On the return journey, Tang Song and Cen Huai'an sat together, everyone wearing gold medals on their chests. Tang Song looked at his own gold medal and said, "Huai'an, I'm happy that I could achieve a perfect score."

Among the six team members, Tang Song was the one with slightly weaker strength. After confirming his participation in IMO, he was most afraid of dragging down his teammates. During the crucial period of review, he devoted most of his energy to studying Olympiad math.

Cen Huai'an looked at him with some admiration, recognizing and respecting someone who could set goals and steadfastly execute them to succeed.

"You deserve the praise," he said sincerely, and Tang Song was momentarily stunned, then a relaxed smile appeared on his face.

"I don't need to lack confidence when receiving genuine praise from you."

In the capital, the college entrance examination was in the stage of submitting preferences before the exam, which was different from Liangzhou. However, there were differences in preference submission policies for college entrance examinations across the country, and Chu Xia didn't make a big deal out of it.