Chapter 84: Dog Sledding

When Old Lady Tang called Yang Jin by name, she hadn't reacted yet and didn't know who was being called.

Chu Xia quickly nudged her and whispered, "The teacher is calling you to answer a question."

Yang Jin instantly woke up, her face turning pale. She stood up with a loud "thud," causing the chair behind her to make a loud noise.

She looked at the teacher, not knowing what to say. She urgently whispered to Chu Xia while pulling at her clothes underneath, "What question? What question? Hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Chu Xia wanted to tell her, but Old Lady Tang kept staring at them, and she didn't have a chance to speak.

In the piercing gaze of Old Lady Tang, she quietly moved the book over and pointed to the content she wanted to say.

Yang Jin immediately gained confidence, picked up the book, and read the contents aloud. Chu Xia covered her face and tugged at her.

Not only did she have to recite the contents of the book, but she also had to express her own understanding. Yang Jin didn't understand and gave Chu Xia a puzzled look.

At this moment, Old Lady Tang walked over, took the book from Yang Jin's hand, and placed it on Chu Xia's desk. She sternly looked at Yang Jin, "What are you reading? Repeat the question I just asked."

The entire classroom fell silent. Yang Jin looked at Old Lady Tang and then at Chu Xia.

Chu Xia couldn't help her. When the teacher was far away, she could remind her, but with the teacher right in front of them, they couldn't be so blatant.

Yang Jin couldn't answer, and she silently lowered her head.

"You don't even know the question. What are you answering? Reading a book? When you treat a patient, do you read to them and see if it helps?!"

Old Lady Tang indiscriminately attacked, scolding not only Yang Jin but also those beside her, like Mao Xiaolan and Liang Wenwen, for not paying attention in class. She warned that they would become quacks in the future!

She also scolded Chu Xia and Ye Mengchun, "You can help during class, but can you help when they see patients? This is not help; it's harm! Don't think that just because you're good at studying, you know everything! Luo Chu Xia, cough with abundant phlegm... pulse is slippery. Explain the pathogenesis of this illness."

This is not something Chu Xia and her classmates are currently learning; it will be covered later on. Old Lady Tang just wanted her to realize that she doesn't know everything.

However, Chu Xia silently stood up and skillfully answered the question using the functions of the five organs and the theory of the five elements.

Old Lady Tang looked at her for a few seconds and glared at her, saying, "Sit down."

Chu Xia obediently smiled at Old Lady Tang, "Thank you, teacher."

Old Lady Tang returned to the podium and looked at Chu Xia, "Just because you understand doesn't mean Yang Jin and the others do. Since they are so sleepy, let them stand and listen."

Yang Jin and the others stood through a whole class, and when Old Lady Tang finally announced the end of the class, they immediately slumped into their chairs, saying, "She's too harsh. Old Lady Tang doesn't care about any teacher-student relationship."

Chu Xia added, "It's only been a month since the school started, and remembering your name is already a significant acknowledgment from her."

Yang Jin said, "She remembers the names of the whole class."