Chapter 18: Install the TV

Cen Huai'an didn't speak at first and secretly looked at Chu Xia's face. He felt like his mother seemed to know everything.

He made a soft "Hmm," tightly pursing his lips. He wasn't sure what was right or wrong, but he still felt uneasy.

So, his big eyes kept on glancing at Chu Xia.

Chu Xia sighed, suddenly feeling that she had a long way to go.

"Keep picking it up."

Chu Xia did not ask Cen Huai'an to go back. Since he likes to be self-reliant, this is a good thing.

However, lying and sneaking out without telling the adults made things not easy.

She took a break and then went to find people that help look for the child. She thanked the neighbors and informed them that they had found the child.

This was a matter of goodwill that needed to be repaid.

Chu Xia returned to the trash heap behind the paper mill and saw Cen Huai'an's small hands picking up waste paper very quickly. Some people thought he was in the way that a woman even pushed him.

Chu Xia immediately walked over and pushed the short woman away with a fierce look. "There are so many places to pick from! An adult bullying a child! Have you no shame!"

The woman bullied the weak and feared the strong, and she looked up at Chu Xia and saw that she was wearing a nice and clean shirt and pants and that she was a factory employee with a fierce face and a wooden stick in her hand. The heart was born timid, originally wanting to curse the person swallowed, muttering a sentence of their own to the side.

"Mom."

Cen Huai'an looked at her.

Chu Xia continued to dig through the trash with a stick while bending over to cut paper. She heard Cen Huai'an's voice and said impatiently, "Why are you shouting? Hurry up and pick!"

Cen Huai'an didn't know what he was feeling, but he felt exceptionally warm, like the roasted sweet potato that Brother Bang shared with him in the winter-warm and sweet.

"Yeah!" He responded loudly, lowered his head, and quickly picked up the waste paper.

Don't underestimate the work of scavenging scrap materials; bending over for a long time can be quite tiring

Chu Xia doesn't have the physical strength of children like Cen Huai'an. She picked up and rested for a while.

While she was resting, she saw an eight- or nine-year-old boy talking to Cen Huai'an.

That boy didn't look like a typical child. Chu Xia felt that he was similar to the Cen Huai'an she saw when she first crossed over. There was a fierceness in the corners of his eyes and brows, and his eyes were always alert to grab food.

He should be the head of this bunch of scrap-collecting kids.

Later, when she continued to pick up scraps, she saw that the children were obeying the orders of this eight- or nine-year-old child. Chu Xia knew that she was not wrong.

It wasn't until the sun set in the west and the afterglow of the setting sun shone on the scrap pile that Chu Xia said to Cen Huai'an, "It's time to go home; let's go."

Cen Huai'an's worn-out sack was too heavy to carry, and Chu Xia couldn't lift it either. So, they both dragged it over to the eight- or nine-year-old boy.

"Brother Bang, I picked this up today."

Brother Bang neatly tied the sack and said, "Okay, it's still the same old rules."