Chapter 27: Test Results

She raises her hand and rubs Cen Huai'an's head, saying with a smile, "Look at you. Your mouth can hang a kettle of oil. Next time I'll bring you along to see it."

Cen Huai'an looks at Chu Xia with some resentment; mom is teasing him again.

But next time, he can watch a film with his mother. Cen Huai'an tries to suppress the corners of his mouth that want to turn upward.

Chu Xia takes Cen Huai'an to an old tailor near the textile factory.

The old tailor has been working near the textile factory for her whole life and is known for her good craftsmanship around the factory.

When she saw the fur that Chu Xia brought over, she touched it and said with a smile, "Your material is good. It's good sheepskin fur; we don't see this kind of animal skin here."

Chu Xia nodded and said, "My son and I want to use these skins to make a winter coat."

Then Chu Xia gestures and tells the old tailor her idea.

According to what she said, the old tailor quickly drew two drawings of the coat, showing Chu Xia to see if it was like this.

"Yes, this is what I want; is it hard to make?"

The old tailor shook the sheepskin and replied confidently, "It's quite simple. I've been making clothes for a lifetime, and your request isn't very challenging. What's truly challenging is making clothes with delicate and expensive materials, with intricate embroidery and intricate craftsmanship. Some of those garments take months to complete, and they used to be worn by official's wives."

Chu Xia understands the kind of clothes the old tailor is talking about. No one makes those clothes with hand embroidery nowadays. For one thing, it's expensive; for another, it wasn't allowed. The ones that are made the most are false collars, suits, and coats.

In addition, Chu Xia also made two cotton jackets and trousers for Cen Huai'an. He doesn't have warm clothes in winter, and handmade cotton jackets and trousers may not be new, but they are definitely warm.

After agreeing to pick up the clothes a month later, Chu Xia left with Cen Huai'an.

***

No. 9 High School

The teachers of the various subjects are correcting the test papers of the transfer students. The number of students wasn't large to begin with, totaling just over twenty. The teachers planned to finish grading all the exams by that afternoon.

The English teacher corrected a very beautiful paper.

"This paper is full marks! I can't find any deductions at all, and the essays are all written so perfectly."

"I have a perfect mark paper here too." The chemistry teacher said, "It's the first time I've corrected a full mark paper in chemistry in a transfer exam."

The two teachers were so curious about the candidate who wrote this paper that they couldn't wait to open the seal and take a look.

Other teachers were also interested.

Everyone knew that most of the transfer students had poor foundations, so just passing the exam was already considered excellent for many of them, with most scoring only around one or two hundred points.

So when they saw a perfect score, these teachers scratched their heads. Even nowadays, not many high school students can achieve perfect scores, especially in English.

At the beginning of the resumption of the college entrance examination, English was not included in the total score. It gradually began to carry more weight, and this year, it accounted for 50% of the total score.