Chapter 138: Zhang Lu

"An'an, why do you think Tang Song likes me? It's so strange!"

On that day, Zhang Lu didn't give Tang Song a clear answer. She didn't know how to respond; Tang Song's words were too sudden, and she couldn't make sense of it at the moment.

After returning, Zhang Lu came to Cen Huai'an. She watched him conduct experiments while sitting across from him, discussing this matter.

"He even said that you figured it out?!"

Cen Huai'an, busy with his experiment, didn't look up and just replied with a casual "Hmm."

Zhang Lu's eyes widened suddenly, and almost spewed out the water she was drinking, "When did you find out?"

Cen Huai'an finally raised his head, looked at Zhang Lu, and said, "When you were in college."

Zhang Lu became even more curious. She stood up, walked to Cen Huai'an's side, leaned against the empty table behind her, crossed her arms, and looked at Cen Huai'an, demanding him to reveal how he knew.

Cen Huai'an's experiment was almost done. After finishing it, he tidied up the lab and said, "His thoughts were written all over his face. The first time he came to ask about your situation, I knew."

Cen Huai'an's tone was calm, carrying a sense of detachment. Zhang Lu asked him, "Then why didn't you tell me back then?"

Cen Huai'an looked at her, "He didn't say it directly, and I couldn't tell you based on unconfirmed speculation."

Rubbing her chin, Zhang Lu nodded in agreement, "True, if you had said something, and he thought we were being presumptuous, it would be awkward. But what do I do now?"

Zhang Lu didn't want to lose Tang Song as a friend, but she couldn't immediately change her feelings towards him.

Cen Huai'an looked at her, "You have to ask yourself. Do you have feelings for him beyond friendship?"

Unable to figure it out herself, Zhang Lu asked Cen Huai'an. She didn't come to a conclusion; instead, Tang Song's pursuit came first.

His pursuit didn't make Zhang Lu uncomfortable because he understood her too well, and the way he pursued her was acceptable to her.

Unconsciously, Zhang Lu started to go on casual dates with him.

Sometimes they walked on the streets of the capital, and sometimes Tang Song took her to play sports like shooting, horseback riding, archery, and other activities she loved.

Apart from the first day of the blind date when Tang Song expressed his liking and intention to pursue her, he never mentioned it again.

They behaved like friends, but Tang Song's care for her, once silent, now became open. Zhang Lu felt comfortable with him because he took care of her in every way.

However, this sense of comfort is something Zhang Lu has never experienced with anyone else, including her parents, who wouldn't take care of her so thoughtfully. Everything is done according to her preferences, and sometimes even things she hasn't thought of herself.

Normally, Zhang Lu doesn't need to be taken care of. She enjoys being alone, as it allows her to do things according to her own preferences.

But going on dates with Tang Song indeed gave her a different experience. She discovered that being with Tang Song made her happier than doing these things alone.

The two didn't go out on dates every day. Every few days, Tang Song would find a reason to invite her because being with him was enjoyable, and Zhang Lu would always agree.

During Zhang Lu's vacation, most of her time was spent playing with Tang Song.

As her vacation was about to end, Tang Song brought up the topic of romance once again.