Chapter 48: An'an Made a Mistake

Liangzhou City Hospital.

It was not the first time for Chu Xia to come here but it was the first time for her to come here to see a patient.

Luo Chuming was wrapped in gauze all over his body, lying in bed and unrecognizable. If it wasn't for Wang Yulan leading her, Chu Xia wouldn't have recognized him at all.

"Chu Xia, look at your younger brother. If you don't save him, what will happen to him?"

Wang Yulan had been crying all the way. Chu Xia and her took the bus together, attracting the attention of many people. Later, Chu Xia went alone and let her cry as much as she wanted.

"I'm not a doctor. How can I save him? You should find a doctor for someone like him. I've seen him, I'm leaving."

Chu Xia didn't plan to stay in the ward for long. She came here just to avoid gossip from outsiders, after all, her own younger brother was hospitalized.

But staying here was useless, and she wouldn't take care of Luo Chuming either.

There was more than one person in the ward. Luo Dafu was also in the ward. When he heard what Chu Xia said, he stood up from the corner and pointed at her, scolding, "Do you have a conscience? Your brother is in such a state, and you can actually say such things!"

Chu Xia didn't want to argue with him and turned to leave.

Despite Luo Chuming's appearance, his life was probably not in danger, otherwise Wang Yulan wouldn't have been in the mood to find her.

"Chu Xia." Wang Yulan quickly grabbed her and had a worried expression on her face. "We don't have any money at home, and we haven't paid enough for your brother's hospitalization..."

Chu Xia broke free from Wang Yulan's arm, looked at her, and then looked at the angrily staring Luo Dafu. She smiled.

"Mom, so you came to me for money again. I only asked for five hundred yuan out of the several thousand yuan you took from me. Do you think I still have money?"

Chu Xia frowned and sighed, "I also want to help you, Mom, but I still have to support my family and raise my child. Zhengnian is not at home. You can't push me to a dead end just for the sake of my brother."

This was not a single-person ward. There were many other patients in the ward.

The way Chu Xia had just acted made those people look at her differently, thinking that she was heartless and cold-hearted.

But at this moment, once Chu Xia's words came out, their expressions instantly changed and they looked at Wang Yulan and Luo Dafu with condemnation.

Forcing their daughter for their son, and their daughter even gave so much money to her natal family, it's really biased! No wonder their daughter doesn't want to give anymore, it's because they also don't want to give anymore.

Ch Xia seemed unaffected by those gazes and continued, "If it were you and Dad lying in the hospital bed, I would be willing to contribute even if it meant sacrificing myself. But this is my younger brother, both you and Dad have jobs, so it shouldn't be my responsibility to pay. Besides, he made a lot of money from transportation before, Mom, you can't hide the money and still expect me to pay."

This move of taking a step back to move forward won Chu Xia the support of others. Wang Yulan didn't know how to respond and her eyes showed resentment. She turned her head and cried in Luo Dafu's arms.

Luo Dafu's eyebrows raised, ready to get angry again, but Chu Xia suddenly interrupted him, "Dad, there are other patients in the ward who need rest, so please don't speak too loudly. Chuming doesn't need me here with you, I still have to go to school to pick up my son, so I'll leave first."