Chapter 73: Returning, Birthday

Capital Railway Station.

When Chu Xia came out with her luggage, she looked at the sky. It was similar to the last time she came back, with the sun hanging halfway in the western sky, dyeing the entire clouds red. 

However, last time she was still wearing a sweater jacket. This time, when she got off the train, she had already changed into thin clothes as summer approaches.

Chu Xia wore a long-sleeved thin shirt and jeans. When the sun was gone, the temperature was still a bit low.

Before going home, Chu Xia called Grandpa Jiang and An'an. She knew that An'an missed her a lot, so she told him in advance that she would be home in the next few days, just to make him happy.

Chu Xia looked into the distance and saw the bus stop across the street from the train station. Just as she was about to carry her luggage over, a body like a small cannonball rushed over and tightly hugged her waist: "Mom!"

Chu Xia lowered her head and saw An'an, whom she hadn't seen for more than ten days. He looked up at her, and the joy in his eyes couldn't be hidden.

A big smile instantly spread across Chu Xia's face. She dropped her luggage, squatted down, and reached out to hug Cen Huai'an.

She vigorously rubbed his hair, looked up at Jiang Zhida, who was standing with his hands in his pockets and not in a proper stance, and said, "Didn't I tell Grandpa not to pick me up? I'll just take the bus back."

Jiang Zhida walked over to pick up Chu Xia's luggage, smiling cheekily, "Sister-in-law, if I didn't come to pick you up, Grandpa would break my legs, and An'an also wants to see you as soon as possible!"

Chu Xia laughed, "Grandpa is just scaring you."

She glanced down at the hand held by Cen Huai'an, who was following her step by step. The expression on her face softened even more. In fact, she also wanted to see An'an earlier too.

Jiang Zhida said strangely, "It's only you, sister-in-law, who says that. How many times have I been chased and beaten by Grandpa?"

Chu Xia laughed, "Just control yourself and don't provoke Grandpa. Grandpa won't hit you for sure."

For example, the incident with the flower pulling last time, he was deliberately asking for trouble, the kind that no one could save.

Jiang Zhida opened the car door for Chu Xia and An'an, casually saying, "I'll try my best."

But if he really can't do it, just continue being chased and beaten. Anyway, Grandpa can't catch up with him now.

"How has An'an been these days at Grandpa's house?"

This was the first time Cen Huai'an had been separated from Chu Xia for so long. He sat in the car, tightly leaning against Chu Xia, holding her hand as if afraid that if he let go, his mom would disappear.

Seeing him like this, Chu Xia felt a dull ache in her heart. She knew that Grandpa Jiang would definitely take good care of Cen Huai'an, but without his parents, he would still feel insecure.

Cen Huai'an hadn't spoken yet, and Jiang Zhida in front said, "I sleep with An'an every day. We are having a great time at my grandpa's house. I even taught An'an how to play table tennis, right, An'an?"

Cen Huai'an nodded. Although he missed his mom, he was also happy at Great-grandpa's house, especially when playing table tennis.

Chu Xia looked down at Cen Huai'an, "An'an is really good. When we get home, can An'an teach Mom how to play table tennis? Mom doesn't know how to play."