Chapter 139 : Zhang Lu, Tang Song

"Lu Lu."

In the night, the streets of the capital were brightly lit, as if at some point, the pure darkness of childhood nights had disappeared, forever replaced by various colored neon lights.

Zhang Lu turned her head to look at Tang Song beside her. The two had gone ice skating and even visited a boxing gym today, having a great time. She was in a very good mood, wearing a big smile. "Hmm?"

"Are you going back to the military the day after tomorrow?"

Zhang Lu wasn't surprised that he knew this news because her mother and Tang Song had always been in contact, and her mom would have definitely told him.

She nodded, "Yes, the flight is in the morning the day after tomorrow."

"Lu Lu, do you still have no feelings for me now?"

Zhang Lu thought for a moment and said, "It's not that I have no feelings, but I can't tell if it's just friendship or something more. I always feel awkward thinking about us as a couple because we're so familiar with each other."

Because they were too close, she had never considered the possibility of being a couple.

Tang Song stopped, and Zhang Lu stopped along with him, looking at him without saying anything.

"Sorry, I might offend you a bit."

Tang Song reached out to Zhang Lu, "Can I hold your hand?"

Zhang Lu nonchalantly extended her hand, "Sure."

Tang Song held her hand, and at that moment, Zhang Lu suddenly felt the warmth and breadth of his palm, giving her a different kind of feeling.

Tang Song kept his eyes focused on her, "What do you feel now? Is it still like being with a friend, or is there something more?"

Zhang Lu remained silent. Tang Song wasn't disappointed. After letting go of her hand, he asked if he could hug her.

Zhang Lu nodded in agreement.

Tang Song carefully embraced Zhang Lu. He didn't know how she felt, but he knew that when he hugged her, his heartbeat raced as if it wanted to leap out of his chest.

He only hugged her for a few seconds before letting go, but his heartbeat still hadn't calmed down, and his ears turned red as if they were about to bleed.

Tang Song's voice remained steady as he asked about Zhang Lu's feelings. If she truly didn't feel more than friendship, Tang Song wouldn't force her. He would continue silently caring for her.

Zhang Lu's expression was somewhat dazed. She subconsciously touched the left side of her chest and then looked up at Tang Song. "It seems... it's a bit different."

But Zhang Lu couldn't articulate what kind of difference it was.

Tang Song's expression went from disbelief to ecstatic joy. The joy in his eyes couldn't be contained.

However, he restrained himself and reached out to grasp Zhang Lu's arm, but he quickly pulled back before making contact.

"Lu Lu, I..."

Tang Song was so happy that he didn't know what to say. Zhang Lu was also taken aback, seeing this usually reserved and expressionless man revealing such a joyful smile for the first time. She stood there in astonishment.

After a while, Tang Song regained his composure and spoke to Zhang Lu word by word, "Lu Lu, you do have feelings for me. I've always wanted to tell you that if you give me a chance, I want to make you happy forever. Whatever it is, I'll accompany you, support you in everything you want to do."