Chapter 115: National Competition

The results of this city's math competition are related to the qualification for participating in the national math competition, and only those who win the first prize can participate.

Originally, the teachers at No. 4 High School had high hopes for several outstanding competition students in the third year. At this moment, looking at the proud faces of their successful students, they could only sigh and refrain from asking more.

Zhang Lu sat on the bus, holding a water bottle and chatting with Cen Huai'an beside her: "If a city competition is already this difficult, how challenging will the questions be in the national competition?"

After handing in the test paper, Zhang Lu knew that she wouldn't win any prizes this time, but she was aware of her own level. Just like what Teacher Jiang said, she was just there to make up the numbers, so she wasn't too sad, maintaining a calm mindset.

Cen Huai'an said calmly, "We've done papers for the national math competition."

They had done too many papers in math class, and she couldn't remember which ones they had done. She looked at him in confusion and asked, "When?"

Cen Huai'an told her which day and which paper it was. Zhang Lu widened her eyes and exclaimed, "You remember that?"

Cen Huai'an replied, "Why wouldn't I remember?"

Zhang Lu: Struck by the sudden blow.

"Alright, you don't have to say anymore."

Chatting with Cen Huai'an was always a downward blow. If he wasn't unwilling to skip grades, he might be in college now.

When the results of the city competition came out, Cen Huai'an was sitting in the math class doing problems. After finishing the school's arranged courses every day, the students in the math class would study here.

Teacher Jiang came in with a pleased smile, holding two certificates in his hand, looking more spirited than usual. "Everyone, stop for a moment. I have good news to announce."

All the students in the class put down their pens and looked at him. Only Cen Huai'an continued to bow his head and write. At this moment, he was working on a key problem, and nothing could distract him..

"Congratulations to Cen Huai'an and Tang Song from our sophomore math Olympiad class! They both received awards in the city competition, one first prize and one second prize!"

"Wow!"

"So impressive!"

The classroom was filled with amazed voices, and everyone's gaze spontaneously turned to the two students.

Cen Huai'an was still bowing his head, seemingly indifferent to the announced awards, while Tang Song's eyes were on Teacher Jiang, showing little excitement.

"Cen Huai'an, Tang Song, come and receive your awards."

Cen Huai'an happened to finish writing down the final result. As soon as Teacher Jiang spoke, he stood up.

Tang Song followed suit, both showing little excitement compared to the enthusiastic emotions of their classmates.

The classmates in the room clapped excitedly, looking at the two as if they were gods in the sky, unattainable beings.

After all, they all participated in the same competition, and while others received no consolation prizes, these two managed to secure significant awards, creating a noticeable gap among their peers.

Cen Huai'an looked at his first prize, finally revealing a hint of joy in his eyes. He wasn't unhappy; it's just that his reserved nature prevented him from displaying emotions to others.