Chapter 83: Let's Row The Oars Together

Mid-Autumn Festival, eating mooncakes, eating crabs, and drinking yellow wine.

Today, everyone in Grandpa Jiang's family has gathered, and one table is not enough, so they divided into two tables. The meals on both tables are the same.

Grandpa Jiang sits at one table and asks everyone else to quickly take their seats.

"Sit wherever you like, I don't have so many rules here."

Cen Zhengnian asked Chu Xia in a low voice, "Where do you want to sit?"

Jiang Zhida doesn't like to listen to the elders' nagging, so he sits with the kids at a table without Grandpa Jiang. Jiang Zhiyi follows along.

Chu Xia doesn't want to sit with her second aunt. She looked at Second Uncle Jiang and the others who were already sitting with Grandpa Jiang, so she directly pulled Cen Zhengnian to sit at that table. "Here, it's more comfortable."

Jiang Zhiguan looks at the two tables, especially seeing her dad at Grandpa Jiang's table. She immediately pulls her husband to sit next to Chu Xia and them.

Aunt Li also sits at this table, and the remaining people go to Grandpa Jiang's table.

The table is full of dishes, with the most noticeable being the dishes made with crabs: steamed crab, stir-fried crab, spicy crab, and garlic crab.

Crab meat is cool, so there's ginger vinegar and yellow wine on the table. Children can't drink alcohol, and ginger jujube brown sugar water is prepared for them.

However, even so, Chu Xia doesn't let Cen Huai'an eat too much. Cen Zhengnian, with his weak stomach, can't eat anything.

"If you want to eat, you can have a crab leg." Chu Xia leaned towards Cen Zhengnian, whispered to him.

Cen Zhengnian held a steamed hairy crab in his hand, without using any tools. With his slender fingers, he skillfully dismantled the crab's joints, took out pieces of crab meat, and put them into Chu Xia's bowl. With a smile, he said, "I don't eat."

Then he dismantled another piece of crab meat for Cen Huai'an.

An'an ate crab for the first time. He didn't know how to peel it, so he obediently sat there watching Cen Zhengnian peel the crab. He learned to dip it in ginger vinegar like Jiang Zhida and others.

As soon as he put it in his mouth, his eyes lit up. This was Cen Huai'an's usual expression when he tasted delicious food. The crab roe was especially tasty. He ate without lifting his head, and the crab meat left in the bowl was soon finished.

In fact, Chu Xia could also peel crabs, but since Cen Zhengnian did it, she didn't bother and just waited to eat.

Jiang Zhida and Jiang Zhiyi weren't afraid of spiciness, and the spicy crabs were quickly consumed.

Seeing Cen Zhengnian feeding Chu Xia and Cen Huai'an, envy appeared in their eyes. Eating crab meat was so enjoyable, and they also wished someone would peel crabs for them!

"Second cousin, help me peel one too." Jiang Zhida, with a thicker skin, held a small bowl and waved it in front of Cen Zhengnian.

Cen Zhengnian put the peeled crab into Chu Xia's bowl and looked at him, saying, "No hands? Peel it yourself."

Jiang Zhida: "Second cousin, when we were kids, you used to share with me."

Chu Xia couldn't help but laugh and said to Jiang Zhida, "Dazi, you've grown up. Learn to be self-reliant."

Jiang Zhiyi was struggling with a crab, and upon hearing Chu Xia's words, she mocked Jiang Zhida without reservation, "Hahaha, cousin, you're so naive. I can peel crabs by myself now! Otherwise, when you reach the age of Lulu and Weixian, someone will peel them for you."